+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card renewal for Minor

sushmet

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
I (mother of child) am trying to renew the PR of my 8 year old son. Now CIC is asking for SIN number to pull out TAX returns of individual. My son has SIN but got it just last week and do not have TAX returns as he was minor. So giving his SIN number will not serve the purpose of CIC wanting TAX filling history. I have following for our child though.

For 1st year following documents are available (In Canada):
--- Immunization Record
--- Dentist Visits Receipts
---- Doctor's Visit Letter

For SUBSEQUENT YEARS in Canada
--- School Records
---- Doctor's Visits

We also have all BOARDING PASSES and PASSPORT STAMPS.

ALL above documents should be enough to prove his residency in Canada even though my son doesn't have TAX returns?

OR

Shall I give my SIN number as well (problem is I became non-resident of Canada in 2016 as declared by CRA and again became resident in 2017. Thus CCTB was stopped in 2016. Because of my inertia, I haven't applied to start it yet). I received CCTB for my son from 2012 - 2016. So I DO NOT want to open can of worms by giving my SIN if other documents can prove his residency. However CIC has started to ask for TAX returns and if I give my SIN and state that I received CCTB for first 4 years that would strengthen application for sure.

Guys please help. What is safer path?