+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - Certified True Copies & Translations of Passport

River Song

Feb 25, 2018
Hi all, I'm applying for a renewal of my PR card. So does anyone know if, when sending a photocopy of a passport, there is a need to also submit:

1. translation and
2. certified true copy?

The instruction guide is also asking for a photocopy of the old PR card. Any idea if that photocopy also needs to be certified?

Certifying is a bit tricky these days, with notary offices being closed due to COVID.

Thank you!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi all, I'm applying for a renewal of my PR card. So does anyone know if, when sending a photocopy of a passport, there is a need to also submit:

1. translation and
2. certified true copy?

The instruction guide is also asking for a photocopy of the old PR card. Any idea if that photocopy also needs to be certified?

Certifying is a bit tricky these days, with notary offices being closed due to COVID.

Thank you!
1. If CIC only requests a "copy" and it doesn't say certified or notarized, then it doesn't have to be.
2. Read the document checklist, it just says copy.

River Song

Feb 25, 2018
Hi

1. If CIC only requests a "copy" and it doesn't say certified or notarized, then it doesn't have to be.
2. Read the document checklist, it just says copy.
Thanks, this is helpful.

The document checklist doesn't say anything about a copy of the old PR card, but the instruction guide asks for it, so it's not exactly consistent.