+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD RENEWAL ASPECTS

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
What are the circumstances in which the authorities may allow for renewal of PR card when a person has not fulfilled the residency obligations of 2 years in 5 years and what is the probability of the same ?

Thanks.

mandyshine2009

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
What are the circumstances in which the authorities may allow for renewal of PR card when a person has not fulfilled the residency obligations of 2 years in 5 years and what is the probability of the same ?

Thanks.

Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds:

Some examples:
You fall sick with some life threatening deadly disease.
Your parents, relatives fall sick and you need to take care of them because no one to take care of them.
ETC ETC ETC
Best interest of a child.

If you don't meet the residency obligation, you can apply for travel document on the basis of Humanitarian and Compassionate ground. If they approve your application you will receive a prtd counterfoil in your passport. Once you enter Canada you can immediately apply for a PR card renewal even though you didn't meet the RO.

Keep in mind: Grant of a PRTD on the basis of Humanitarian and compassionate ground means you weren't required to meet the RO and are allowed to immediately apply for a PR card renewal. The officer who sees your application will see that you were aproved for a PRTD on the basis of H&C ground and won't count the days for you. You are automatically approved to receive a new PR card.

Last edited:

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
Thanks a lot for the

Some examples:
Your parents, relatives fall sick and you need to take care of them because no one to take care of them.
ETC ETC ETC

If you don't meet the residency obligation, you can apply for travel document on the basis of Humanitarian and Compassionate ground. If they approve your application you will receive a prtd counterfoil in your passport. Once you enter Canada you can immediately apply for a PR card renewal even though you didn't meet the RO.

Keep in mind: Grant of a PRTD on the basis of Humanitarian and compassionate ground means you weren't required to meet the RO and are allowed to immediately apply for a PR card renewal. The officer who sees your application will see that you were aproved for a PRTD on the basis of H&C ground and won't count the days for you. You are automatically approved to receive a new PR card.

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
Thanks a lot for the valuable feedback...

Some examples:
ETC ETC ETC

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
Thanks a lot for the valuable feedback...
Mr. /Ms. Mandyshine,

Thanks a lot..

A couple of ques:

1. Where should I apply for PRTD ?
2. Should i apply for PRTD after the expiry of my PR Card ?

Thanks and regards

Chellamani

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr. /Ms. Mandyshine,

Thanks a lot..

A couple of ques:

Thanks and regards

Chellamani
1) visa application centres or the Canadian consulate/embassies directly
2) anytime you are overseas and don't in possession of a valid PR card and you do not have a US passport.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Mr. /Ms. Mandyshine,

Thanks a lot..

A couple of ques:

Thanks and regards

Chellamani
If you were out of the country because you were working it isn't an H&C case.

vjdua

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013

Thanks.
One question on the above what do we write in PR Card renewal application Col.21 Travel History where you have to indicate all absences for last five years from Canada. You being approved on H&C Grounds do not fulfill the required no. of days. So what is to be written all in these columns like reasons of absence.