+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal application returned saying primary ID invalid? I'm changing my name.

kokopelli

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2016
AOR Received.
15-05-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront before app submitted
Interview........
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
Hello all,

I got home from work tonight to find a big envelope from the gov't that contained my PR Card renewal application (sigh). It stated that it was being returned to me because my primary ID document was invalid or expired. When renewing, I wanted to change my last name to my husband's last name. In the instructions form it says you can use a copy of the passport you used when landing that includes the stamped page from the immigration landing as the primary document—that is what I did. And I included my marriage certificate. However, that landing passport is an expired document. I'm trying to figure out where I went wrong. Should I...send everything back with a copy of my current USA passport, which has my NEW married last name?

kokopelli

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2016
AOR Received.
15-05-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront before app submitted
Interview........
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
Hello all,

I got home from work tonight to find a big envelope from the gov't that contained my PR Card renewal application (sigh). It stated that it was being returned to me because my primary ID document was invalid or expired. When renewing, I wanted to change my last name to my husband's last name. In the instructions form it says you can use a copy of the passport you used when landing that includes the stamped page from the immigration landing as the primary document—that is what I did. And I included my marriage certificate. However, that landing passport is an expired document. I'm trying to figure out where I went wrong. Should I...send everything back with a copy of my current USA passport, which has my NEW married last name?

The letter also said I had signed it more than 90 days before they reviewed it, which makes no sense because I signed it on november 1, 2022, and they received it November 24th! What the heck.