+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Application ref to local office.

YYZ123

Jun 17, 2013
Hi to all forum members,

I have my situation to discuss:

I applied for my PR renewal as an urgent case with all travelling proof, application was received on June 14th. Yesterday i received email from CIC stating that: "it has been necessary to ref your application to the local Citizenship office. We regret to advise that this ref will result in additional delay. You will be contacted by the local office if additional information or documents are needed." I checked my online application status but i say we unable to identified you application.
Now I have few questions:

Any body in this forum has any advise, suggestions or similar experience to shear.

How much delay or additional time it will take to get my PR (as i meet all the requirement of minimum residency requirement time). I have some very urgent personal reason to travel outside Canada.

Since i live in Mississauga, Does the location of residence also the factor for delay?

What best i can do right now?

I appreciate your reply and suggestions.

Thanks,

Mughal

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Depends on if you need to be interviewed...from this forum seems your type of case is 10-15 months processing time.

2. Place of residence is not directly relevant to your application being referred but may affect processing as its a busy local office.

3. You can apply for a TD to return to Canada if you want to travel prior to PR Card issuance. This would only be an issue if you applied with the minimum number of days and are leaving for an extended period of time which will lead to a breach of the Residence Obligation and refusal of TD.

4. Howe many in Canada days did you declare? Do you work in Canada? Did you submit Notices of Tax Assessments and all other requested documents? Either CIC have concerns about your declared days or your application was randomly pulled for Quality Control/Program Integrity review.

canvi

Feb 20, 2013
Hello,

I have a question on travel document.

I had to come back to India before receiving my PR card in Canada (I am new landed permanent resident). I applied for travel document in order to return to Canada as permanent resident.

I read on cbsa website that

"The Single Journey Travel Document will be issued in conjunction with a counterfoil visa and will include a die-cut photo. Without seals over the counterfoil and photo, the document is not valid for travel. The document will be recovered by the port of entry officers upon arrival in Canada."

What is a die-cut photo ? Does it mean my photo will not be clear on travel document?

So will I get my travel document in a sealed envelope OR will the "visa part" and "photograph part" of the travel document be covered with another paper/seal so that it can't be seen by anyone else.

If it is so, can I open the seal myself and see the details for visa and my photograph (to verify they are correct and they belong to me)?

OR should I simply carry the document as is and immigration officer at Canada airport will open the seal?

How can I verify that I got my travel document with all accurate details without being rejected.

Please suggest. Thanks a lot for all your help.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its better not to hijack a thread so it keeps the info relevant to the original post. The TD is a visa vignette that sticks to a page in your passport. The seals are endorsed/pressed against the vignette/counterfoil for authenticity.

YYZ123

Jun 17, 2013
Hi Msafiri,

Thanks for your reply.

10-15 months of processing that's is very frustrating, lets hope for best.

About TD, I have only 2 weeks holidays from my work and to get TD it takes at least 4-8 weeks so I will ends up losing my job.

I spoke to CIC represtative he told me my file is transfered to Hamilton and I have to wait from them regrading any updates.

I do meet the minimum days as I spent more then 900 days with in last 5 years. I am full time employee since Jan 2011, I did submitte my CRA tax returns with my letter of employment.

Thanks,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I read somewhere in this forum that people can return to Canada at a land border without a valid PR card. Perhaps you can try.

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all -

Does anyone knows with the lengthy current PR process how long it takes for them to process an RQ? For Citizenship is approximately (36-25) = 11 months?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YYZ123 said:
Hi Msafiri,

Thanks for your reply.

10-15 months of processing that's is very frustrating, lets hope for best.

About TD, I have only 2 weeks holidays from my work and to get TD it takes at least 4-8 weeks so I will ends up losing my job.

I spoke to CIC represtative he told me my file is transfered to Hamilton and I have to wait from them regrading any updates.

I do meet the minimum days as I spent more then 900 days with in last 5 years. I am full time employee since Jan 2011, I did submitte my CRA tax returns with my letter of employment.

Thanks,
Go with Steaky's suggestion if you have a US visa...also some visa posts will accept a TD application even if you are in Canada. Where (country) do you intend to apply for the TD if you were to go this route?

YYZ123

Jun 17, 2013
I checked in my country regarding applying for TD while I'm in Canada.

They want Original passport along wih application so that option doesn't work for me.

Anyway I appreciate the suggestion.

Thanks,

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YYZ123 said:
I checked in my country regarding applying for TD while I'm in Canada.

They want Original passport along wih application so that option doesn't work for me.

Anyway I appreciate the suggestion.

Thanks,
Some courier companies will deliver passports but depending on which country its going to could be a huge risk. If the processing time for a TD is within your timeline for the vacation/trip then better to apply in person.

canvi

Feb 20, 2013
Hello Delcan, You sent me me a message but I can't send personal messages to anyone on this forum.
I hope you see this message. If you see it, please reply here on this forum, so that I know.

For me it took nearly 25 days to get travel document. But usually it takes only 10 business days (sometimes less). The reason for delay in processing my application is due to the fact that CIC staff were on strike at that time. I am not sure if the strike is still going on. You can call consulate office in NewDelhi to find out if the stirke is still on.
There will not be any issues to enter Canada with travel document,as you already have met all conditions for PR and landed successfully. You only travel document to enter Canada (no other documents such as income proof, employment etc...). As many other people say, you should carry "Confirmation of Permanent Residency" just in case.
When I landed in Toronto, the customs officer asked "on which visa, I am coming to Canada". I mentioned that "I am coming to Canada using travel document".
The other thing is that "Customs officer" in India airport at the time departing, didn't understand what type of visa, I have. I explained to him that it is travel document. Then he stamped my passport. There will not be any issues to enter Canada with travel document. Just make sure you have some id proofs/marriage certificate, as customs officer can ask for proof of ids if they want to.

Please remember that you can't apply for visitor visa once you became PR. If you apply for visitor visa (to enter Canada) instead of Travel document, your application will be returned. I am sure about this.