+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal application, received or not, how to know that?

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
Hi all,

I sent my PR card renewal on march 12,2018, on CIC website they said they will send me an email, the same one that i wrote down in the application, to acknowledge their receipt of my application.

till now I didnt receive any email or post mail, what exactly should i do?

is there a number or email address to enquire whether they received my application or not even though i dont have a reference number?

thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I sent my PR card renewal on march 12,2018, on CIC website they said they will send me an email, the same one that i wrote down in the application, to acknowledge their receipt of my application.

till now I didnt receive any email or post mail, what exactly should i do?

is there a number or email address to enquire whether they received my application or not even though i dont have a reference number?

thanks
You should have sent the app with tracking to ensure it arrived. They will send AOR when they actually open the app. Given that they are only working on apps submitted in January, you just have to wait.

Kanja7th

Apr 15, 2017
hi Yorker13,
I have applied for PR renewal on March1st and my application received on March 6th according to mail tracking........yet till now I did not receive any acknowledgment from CIC or any thing.....I don’t know what to do?....did you receive any thing

Kanja7th

Apr 15, 2017
hi Yorker13,
I have applied for PR renewal on March1st and my application received on March 6th according to mail tracking........yet till now I did not receive any acknowledgment from CIC or any thing.....I don’t know what to do?....did you receive any thing

tracey321

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
I reapplied for my pr renewal since feb 26 it was returned because of i used my pr has primary Identification I submitted my passports instead and resubmitted it has been received since April but nothing since then

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
hi Yorker13,
no ,nothing at all,

i am really worried

i checked cic processing time

they precossing applications received on 22 january 2018 so far.

unbleviable slow

the problem is i will travel to see my family in May, my PR card will expire in July.

i am afraid that might give me some trouble at the airport.

what u think guys?

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
I don't think you should have any problems at the airport as long as your PR card has not expired yet. They may point it out to you and tell you to remember to get it renewed (which you're obviously in the process of doing), but that's it.

Harrymaghera

Feb 13, 2018
Hi @Yorker13 , @Kanja7th

How long did it finally take for you guys to get that initial acknowledgement and finally the PR card?

My application was delivered 6 weeks ago but haven't heard anything yet. Just trying get a better idea of the timeline.

Thank you