+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal Application Problem

sayus2884

Sep 26, 2019
Good day.

So I've sent my application for PR card renewal a few months ago. However, I only recently found out that they only look into the 5 years of the time since you submitted your application and not the days until the PR card is expired. A mistake in my part for not knowing. My problem is that I haven't reached the 730 minimum when I sent my application but by this time, I already have achieved more than the required days.

I've already received a notice where I need to fill out a 5511 form and give supporting documents of my presence but I'm not sure how it's going to work out. Should I withdraw my application and apply again? Or should I continue working with the current one?

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Good day.

So I've sent my application for PR card renewal a few months ago. However, I only recently found out that they only look into the 5 years of the time since you submitted your application and not the days until the PR card is expired. A mistake in my part for not knowing. My problem is that I haven't reached the 730 minimum when I sent my application but by this time, I already have achieved more than the required days.

I've already received a notice where I need to fill out a 5511 form and give supporting documents of my presence but I'm not sure how it's going to work out. Should I withdraw my application and apply again? Or should I continue working with the current one?
You should talk to the lawyer

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good day.

How early did you send it in? At that point how long had you been in Canada during the 5 year period.

sayus2884

Sep 26, 2019
How early did you send it in? At that point how long had you been in Canada during the 5 year period.
I sent the application at about 5 months before the card expired. My total number of days would be around roughly 570+ days that time around. My current presence in Canada is 750+ days.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I sent the application at about 5 months before the card expired. My total number of days would be around roughly 570+ days that time around. My current presence in Canada is 750+ days.
Based on my calculations you wouldn’t have had 730 days 5 years before your PR card expired. Is this the case? Why did you submit your application without having met the 730 days?

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Good day.

Very Simple withdraw your application and submit a new application after 730 days.

sayus2884

Sep 26, 2019
Based on my calculations you wouldn’t have had 730 days 5 years before your PR card expired. Is this the case? Why did you submit your application without having met the 730 days?
Yeah. Like what I said. it was ignorance on my part. I thought I needed to renew my PR before it expires because I thought I would be given a removal order if let my card expire. Turns out that wasn't the case.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah. Like what I said. it was ignorance on my part. I thought I needed to renew my PR before it expires because I thought I would be given a removal order if let my card expire. Turns out that wasn't the case.
Guess you will have to wait and see what happens. You’ve got yourself in a bit of a mess. Would you have actually met the 730 days before your PR card expired and within a 5 year period?

Haji2000

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
22-12-2015 App.CIC.........: 29-04-2016 App.Returned..:16-08-2016 Nomination,Ext:07-11-2016 App.CIC...........:06-01-2017
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
''-''
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
19-06-2017
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
12-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2018
LANDED..........
01-06-2018
Is it necessary to apply for Residency(Passport) after completing 5yrs in Canada physical ..Or you can apply for PR card renewal and not the passport by choice?

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
At this point probably too late to withdraw without CIC realizing you submitted without meeting RO but yes you could withdraw.
It is very easy. it happened to me my PR card was ready to collect but I withdraw due to less days immigration office called me to confirm the reason and I said I not sure about the dates so they approved my withdrawal and I reapplied after 1060 days and without any issue I got the new PR card in mail.