File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
02-09-2017
Med's Done....
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
My spouse's PR card expires in a couple weeks and he is currently outside of Canada working. He'll be back home to apply to renew it, but has to leave again for work. He'll put our Canadian mailing address on the application, where I (wife/Canadian citizen) live. When they send the new PR card to the house, will I be allowed to accept it? It says online "If we approve your application, we’ll mail you a PR card. We can’t mail your card to a third-party or non-Canadian address. " Am I considered a third-party? Or will I be allowed to sign for it as his wife, and take it across the border to him? He's trying to get work back in Ontario, but is worried because his card is about to expire or will have expired at that point, an employer will refuse to hire him because he's not longer legally entitled to work in Canada. He'd happily be back up here if he can get work, but time is running out very quickly. He's a US citizen, meets his RO - has well over 1000 days in Canada, and applied for citizenship last year, it's just this PR card business we're confused about. if anyone can help make any sense of this... clear this up.. we'd appreciate it greatly!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My spouse's PR card expires in a couple weeks and he is currently outside of Canada working. He'll be back home to apply to renew it, but has to leave again for work. He'll put our Canadian mailing address on the application, where I (wife/Canadian citizen) live. When they send the new PR card to the house, will I be allowed to accept it? It says online "If we approve your application, we’ll mail you a PR card. We can’t mail your card to a third-party or non-Canadian address. " Am I considered a third-party? Or will I be allowed to sign for it as his wife, and take it across the border to him? He's trying to get work back in Ontario, but is worried because his card is about to expire or will have expired at that point, an employer will refuse to hire him because he's not longer legally entitled to work in Canada. He'd happily be back up here if he can get work, but time is running out very quickly. He's a US citizen, meets his RO - has well over 1000 days in Canada, and applied for citizenship last year, it's just this PR card business we're confused about. if anyone can help make any sense of this... clear this up.. we'd appreciate it greatly!
Do you receive you regular mails from your Hydro company?

Confused in Toronto

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
The card is usually sent in the regular mail to his listed Canadian address. You will not have to sign for it. If he has more than 1000 days in Canada, and a Canadian address, the process should be relatively smooth. If he is asked to come and pick up the card in person, then he will have to do so at the designated office. But as far as sending the card in the mail, that shouldn't pose a problem, even if he isn't there to accept the mail in person.

Reactions: armoured

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The cards are sent regular mail. You will not need to sign for it.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
The card is for entering Canada by commercial plane, vehicle, and ship. Have no pr card or an expired one has nothing related to your husband's pr status. Yes, you can use your address to receive your husband's card.