+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal 2021

Bob1234

Jun 16, 2021
Hi I submitted my renewal documents on April 15th. So far no news and I can see they are extending processing time every week. My mother is very sick abroad and really needs my immediate help and attention. I purchased ticket for end of June with this assumption that I will receive my card by that time but as mentioned they are increasing process time every week. Now I have only 2 weeks time to departure but I am almost sure that I will not receive my card by that time.
My question is if I can leave Canada end of June and my wife brings my card once we received it by post to home address.
I really need urgent reply if anybody has experience.

Moonyflower

Star Member
Jun 13, 2021
hi, i have the same exact problem. they didn't receive my first application that i sent on April 8th. resent it on 2 weeks ago and didn't hear any thing up to now. what i know that they may send the PR to your mail then in that case she can get it and bring it to you. In some cases they may ask you to come and take the card from one of their offices, in that case you will have to receive it your self. Not sure why it is taking too long just to start processing a PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I submitted my renewal documents on April 15th. So far no news and I can see they are extending processing time every week. My mother is very sick abroad and really needs my immediate help and attention. I purchased ticket for end of June with this assumption that I will receive my card by that time but as mentioned they are increasing process time every week. Now I have only 2 weeks time to departure but I am almost sure that I will not receive my card by that time.
My question is if I can leave Canada end of June and my wife brings my card once we received it by post to home address.
I really need urgent reply if anybody has experience.
Yes you an leave without your PR card. Your wife can bring your PR card if it is sent to you by mail or you can apply for a PRTD while out of Canada.

Bob1234

Jun 16, 2021
Yes you an leave without your PR card. Your wife can bring your PR card if it is sent to you by mail or you can apply for a PRTD while out of Canada.
Thanks. I thought if I leave they will not send new card to my address.

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
hi, i have the same exact problem. they didn't receive my first application that i sent on April 8th. resent it on 2 weeks ago and didn't hear any thing up to now. what i know that they may send the PR to your mail then in that case she can get it and bring it to you. In some cases they may ask you to come and take the card from one of their offices, in that case you will have to receive it your self. Not sure why it is taking too long just to start processing a PR.
How did you know they didn’t receive it?

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
They have received my application on June 1 and still, I can't even link the application. So, I don't know how long will it take for them just to open my envelope and start processing.

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
Hi all, does IRCC even respond to web form requests? We had sent PR card renewal applications for 4 of us in the family in the same envelope. Everyone apart from my wife got AOR and application processed. She hasn't even received her AOR. Her application status is also not yet shown online. We have sent a web form request, but no response in 2 weeks. Tried calling, but Afghanistan is the new excuse :(

Anyway I could find out what happened to the application? Should I send a new application and make a new payment? Can anyone with similar experience or idea about this advise?

regards

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi all, does IRCC even respond to web form requests? We had sent PR card renewal applications for 4 of us in the family in the same envelope. Everyone apart from my wife got AOR and application processed. She hasn't even received her AOR. Her application status is also not yet shown online. We have sent a web form request, but no response in 2 weeks. Tried calling, but Afghanistan is the new excuse :(

Anyway I could find out what happened to the application? Should I send a new application and make a new payment? Can anyone with similar experience or idea about this advise?

regards
I have sent mine on April 14 and got AOR a week ago. I believe it's gonna take more time.

rajucheers

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Nomination.....
19-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
hi all,

How long it typically takes to change the status from decision made to approved for PR renewal? and the card is mailed to us or should we go and pick up?

Thanks
R

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
hi all,

How long it typically takes to change the status from decision made to approved for PR renewal? and the card is mailed to us or should we go and pick up?

Thanks
R
I have the same: decision made, but no further update. How long it's been for you?

rajucheers

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Nomination.....
19-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Passport Req..
20-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016

Eternalk

Jul 11, 2019
Everything took 5 months.
Shipped April 7, 2021. Arrived April 9th 2021 in nova scotia. Did not get the notice that they received it until July 31 , 2021. Never got any other updates from them. Card arrived in the mail Sept 7th 2021. Previous card was stolen and applied for a replacement card. Very nerve racking waiting for the replacement card since my husband crosses the border daily for work.

M_Dave

Jul 14, 2018
Hi everyone

I’m conveying my experience to renew my PR card via "Urgent path" due to the serious health condition of a family member.

Application sent: 27-08-2021
Application delivered: 30-08-2021
AOR by email: 31-08-2021
Decision made: 08-09-2021

Application approved: waiting
Card mailed: waiting
Card received: waiting

I attached with my application:

- A letter explained the case in detail and mentioned the travel date on Sep 25.
- I also attached the doctor’s reports.
- A copy of the destination country visa, which shows the date of obtaining the visa 24-08-2021.
- Attached the confirmed travel tickets shows the travel date on Sep 25.
- Attached the ticket receipt, a copy of the credit card used for the purchase and a bank statement for the credit card shows the transaction.

Finally and the most important point is writing "VERY URGENT" on the envelope.

This was a summary of my case and I hope to get the card before my travel date.
And I hope nothing bad will happen to your family and loved ones