Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-12-2015 :)
Hi.
I applied for my PR card renewal last September- I was in Canada at that time. I left Canada after they received my application.
Around 18th of December I realized the change of my application status- it showed 'Decision made'. However, I have never received my PR card by mail, to my Canadian address..

I am outside of Canada now.
I contacted my local Canadian embassy to ask for help and they let me know that my PR card was sent to Sydney, Nova Scotia IRCC center.

I know that since I am outside of Canada now and I have to apply for my PRTD.

My questions are:
1. Is my PR card going to be destroyed (the cic.gc.ca says that the card is destroyed after 180 days). Does Covid19 situation (difficulties with travelling etc) extends the 180 days period? Even if I was in Canada now, I wouldn't be able to travel between provinces to Nova Scotia pick up the card, due to Covid19 restrictions.
2. I can't call the IRCC number, since I am abroad. I tried to find other numbers but no luck. Is there a way to contact them from abroad?
3. I want to go back to Canada in June, but I have to apply for the PRTD. I can't find any information on-line about the waiting time. Does anyone know what the average time/aprox. time is?

Hanataha

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Hi.
I applied for my PR card renewal last September- I was in Canada at that time. I left Canada after they received my application.
Around 18th of December I realized the change of my application status- it showed 'Decision made'. However, I have never received my PR card by mail, to my Canadian address..

I am outside of Canada now.
I contacted my local Canadian embassy to ask for help and they let me know that my PR card was sent to Sydney, Nova Scotia IRCC center.

I know that since I am outside of Canada now and I have to apply for my PRTD.

My questions are:
1. Is my PR card going to be destroyed (the cic.gc.ca says that the card is destroyed after 180 days). Does Covid19 situation (difficulties with travelling etc) extends the 180 days period? Even if I was in Canada now, I wouldn't be able to travel between provinces to Nova Scotia pick up the card, due to Covid19 restrictions.
2. I can't call the IRCC number, since I am abroad. I tried to find other numbers but no luck. Is there a way to contact them from abroad?
3. I want to go back to Canada in June, but I have to apply for the PRTD. I can't find any information on-line about the waiting time. Does anyone know what the average time/aprox. time is?
Hello, I applied for PRTD from Dubai (I am a UAE resident) last year August 2020 and I got it after 2 weeks.

where are you now? Maybe u can come to Dubai and apply there?