+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renew

guru2

Dec 24, 2019
Hi any one can help me Guide me please i am PR card holder from last 15 years but this time i did not live in Canada For 730 days any my Renewal is coming in July 2020 i am out of Canada Because of my daughter study in Pakistan and she is 14 year old and she is Canadian Citizen.and i have to live with her as she is Child so can some one help me and Guide me if i am eligible to Renew my PR card thanks in Advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi any one can help me Guide me please i am PR card holder from last 15 years but this time i did not live in Canada For 730 days any my Renewal is coming in July 2020 i am out of Canada Because of my daughter study in Pakistan and she is 14 year old and she is Canadian Citizen.and i have to live with her as she is Child so can some one help me and Guide me if i am eligible to Renew my PR card thanks in Advance
No - you are not eligible to renew your PR card. You must meet the residency requirement to qualify to renew your PR card. Being outside of Canada because your child is studying there is not accepted as a reason for failing to meet the residency obligation. Your child can very easily study in Canada. The fact that you have chosen to have her study outside of Canada is a personal choice and won't be accepted as an excuse for failing to meet RO.

You need to return to Canada before your PR card expires and hope you are not reported at the border for failing to meet the residency requirement. If you are able to enter Canada without being reported, then you will need to remain in Canada until you meet the residency obligation before you will qualify to renew your PR card.

guru2

Dec 24, 2019
thanks for Help
No - you are not eligible to renew your PR card. You must meet the residency requirement to qualify to renew your PR card. Being outside of Canada because your child is studying there is not accepted as a reason for failing to meet the residency obligation. Your child can very easily study in Canada. The fact that you have chosen to have her study outside of Canada is a personal choice and won't be accepted as an excuse for failing to meet RO.

You need to return to Canada before your PR card expires and hope you are not reported at the border for failing to meet the residency requirement. If you are able to enter Canada without being reported, then you will need to remain in Canada until you meet the residency obligation before you will qualify to renew your PR card.
thanks for your Answer but my Daughter have special study in Our Language is that help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thanks for Help

thanks for your Answer but my Daughter have special study in Our Language is that help
No - it won't. This is a personal choice you and your family have made. It won't be accepted as an excuse for failing to meet the residency requirement.

You'll need to return to Canada and live here if you want to meet the residency obligation and be able to renew your PR card. This is your only option.

guru2

Dec 24, 2019
No - it won't. This is a personal choice you and your family have made. It won't be accepted as an excuse for failing to meet the residency requirement.

You'll need to return to Canada and live here if you want to meet the residency obligation and be able to renew your PR card. This is your only option.
thanks

Naureenarbab

Dec 30, 2019
Hello , I’ve sent my PR card for renewal since August 2019 and it’s still not here . When I called to inquire the officer said I don’t need any further documentation nor an interview but I want to know how more long do I have to wait ? I had to travel due to someone not well back home but now I can’t since I don’t have my PR card . Can someone please guide

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello , I’ve sent my PR card for renewal since August 2019 and it’s still not here . When I called to inquire the officer said I don’t need any further documentation nor an interview but I want to know how more long do I have to wait ? I had to travel due to someone not well back home but now I can’t since I don’t have my PR card . Can someone please guide
You can always apply for a PRTD in the country you are visiting although it can sometimes to away for approval. Assume you are compliant with RO and will remain compliant.