+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card receiving outside country

omeee

May 27, 2011
Hi

I got my Canadian immigration visa a month back. I am planning to Land in Toronto in the next month. On this visit, I can not stay there for more than a month due to some job restrictions but have plans to go there again for settlment after few months (and after winding up all my job matters from here).

As my PR card processing may not be completed in a months time, Is it possible that my relatives in Toronto send me my PR card after receiving there? Will it be any problem if i receive my PR card from my relatives in my home country; is it legal way and secondly will there be any problem if i re-enter Toronto on the PR card which i receive from my relatives in my home country, after my exit from Toronto (on my first visit as an immigrant)?

Please advice; as i am very much in need of it.

ansonkeh

Feb 19, 2010
Hi Omee,

It is okay for you to exit and have your relatives send over your PR card to your home country. Though I would advise you to have them personally send them over to you rather than have them sent through courier.

Just make sure you don't have problems as well with the picture you send over for the PR card so as not to delay processing otherwise, they will require you to resubmit your photo.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And just tell immigrant officers that you will stay in your relative address in Toronto, otherwise they will ask you to provide the mailing address for PR card later when come back for good.