+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card query - Help needed

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Hey guys
need some advise here. Cant seem to fine a definitive ans here
I landed this march and my PR card was not processed at that time because I provided my friends address. They said cant send it out to friend address. Came back to US after a week

Now, what are my options
1) I tried to search my application (using COPR #) to online "change of address" notification page but it error's out.
2) Tried calling CIC office but that number does not work from outside US
3) We have applied and received PRTD valid for next one year. Not sure if this is sufficient or should I still order my PR card.

As I read , I have 180 days to get my PR card after landing. I just dont know how to do it from US or do I need to necessarily travel to canada again and do this? Do i even need PR card if I have PRTD for now?

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
>I landed this march and my PR card was not processed at that time because I provided my friends address. They said cant send it out to friend address.
First make sure your PR card application was started at all.

>As I read , I have 180 days to get my PR card after landing.
Not really... To apply PR card after the 180 days, visit
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-renew-replace-permanent-resident-card.html

>Do i even need PR card if I have PRTD for now?
I suggest PR card, it is much more convenient than getting PRTD every year.
(You don't need PR card or PRTD if you travel by private vehicle to Canada.)

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
>I landed this march and my PR card was not processed at that time because I provided my friends address. They said cant send it out to friend address.
First make sure your PR card application was started at all.

>As I read , I have 180 days to get my PR card after landing.
Not really... To apply PR card after the 180 days, visit
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-renew-replace-permanent-resident-card.html

>Do i even need PR card if I have PRTD for now?
I suggest PR card, it is much more convenient than getting PRTD every year.
(You don't need PR card or PRTD if you travel by private vehicle to Canada.)
Thanks Shannon.
> First make sure your PR card application was started at all
How do I check this? I cant call them outside canada. When I try to search online (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do), my COPR number doesnt come up. It says that generic error message.

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
In the IRCC online portal there is somthing like "Link application to this account", then proceed with the required personal info.

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Thanks again. So I tried to link my application and it says "No application found". I don't think its started yet.
It takes me to IRCC web form to inquiry about this.

What can I do next if its not yet started? I think I am back to my original situation....not sure how to proceed with applying with PR card.

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Thanks Shannon. What's CSE?

I went through the link to apply for new one and eligibility says "you should submit this application in Canada".

Can I do it from US?

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Thanks Again. I don't see a online way to do this.
I will need to gather all required documents and need to courier this application to their PR processing centre

I don't know if anyone has done this before? Thinking of getting all respective documents and mailing those to my friend in Canada. and then asking him to courier it to the PR center so it looks it came within Canada.

Just not sure if I should do this or better to wait for few months and travel to Canada and get this done the right way

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Thanks Guys. I have submitted a CSE inquiry about my case. I have mentioned my Canada address to see if they can do anything. I will also try calling as Friday.h has recommended. I will update here with my progress.

Puns1987

Apr 29, 2017
Hey guys
need some advise here. Cant seem to fine a definitive ans here
I landed this march and my PR card was not processed at that time because I provided my friends address. They said cant send it out to friend address. Came back to US after a week

Now, what are my options
1) I tried to search my application (using COPR #) to online "change of address" notification page but it error's out.
2) Tried calling CIC office but that number does not work from outside US
3) We have applied and received PRTD valid for next one year. Not sure if this is sufficient or should I still order my PR card.

As I read , I have 180 days to get my PR card after landing. I just dont know how to do it from US or do I need to necessarily travel to canada again and do this? Do i even need PR card if I have PRTD for now?
Hi,
I am also planning to do soft landing and going back to India. PR card takes around 2 months to arrive at Canadian address. How did you apply for PRTD as eligibility shows that you have to spend 730 days in Canada to apply PRTD.
Can I also apply PRTD and enter back in Canada within a month before I receive PR card.
Thanks.

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Hi,
I am also planning to do soft landing and going back to India. PR card takes around 2 months to arrive at Canadian address. How did you apply for PRTD as eligibility shows that you have to spend 730 days in Canada to apply PRTD.
Can I also apply PRTD and enter back in Canada within a month before I receive PR card.
Thanks.
I dont think there is any issue with applying PRTD once you are back.
I think thats what you have to do if you need to travel back before you received your PR card.

Just check the processing time before applying. From US, i thought its gonna take like 2-3 weeks, but it came within 2 days.

Puns1987

Apr 29, 2017
I think thats what you have to do if you need to travel back before you received your PR card.

Just check the processing time before applying. From US, i thought its gonna take like 2-3 weeks, but it came within 2 days.
Thanks for your reply.
I am currently doing soft landing from US, but need to go to India on May 1st from US as my project is ending.
I will to Canada from India. I think I should apply PRTD from Indian VFS. Can you please share the steps/documents/process for applying PRTD from Delhi VFS.

Thanks in advance.

Puns1987

Apr 29, 2017

Another question is , Can I apply PRTD from US and travel from India.

Thanks.

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Another question is , Can I apply PRTD from US and travel from India.

Thanks.
I dont see any problem. The visa is to travel to Canada from outside. Once you have PRTD , you can travel from anywhere. I have not travelled on PRTD yet but i dont see any issue here.