+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Progress for Soft Landed Folks in 2020/2021

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the link. I tried linking PR Card application exactly as mentioned in the post, didn't work. Tried different combination for place of birth according to comments, that didn't work as well. I will call IRCC.

BTW, I applied SIN number and received it to my US address. I'm hoping there is no issue with PR card.
CBSA agent may not have submitted your PR card application after realizing he couldn't use your US address. Many refuse to submit your PR card application if you aren't remaining in Canada.

kadkhiq81

May 10, 2017
CBSA agent may not have submitted your PR card application after realizing he couldn't use your US address. Many refuse to submit your PR card application if you aren't remaining in Canada.
Thank you for the response. I am able to link all our application and could even see the status as “Submitted”

arputh

Feb 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Did they ask for an address proof while applying SIN?
Yes, I provided a copy of my utility bill. For online SIN number applications you need to provide address proof. They accept US address as well.

arputh

Feb 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Possible, as I couldn't find my PR application. Is there a phone number to contact them? I tried +1-613-944-400 but not able to talk to anyone.

Also, they do this everyday right? He/she should know that they can use only Canadian address. I submitted goods to follow list which contains Canadian address. Another officer who checked my docs asked for Canadian address and I said it's there in goods to follow list. Not sure if they used that address for PR card.

Reactions: vkbca

peacefulpal

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
Hi,
I received my PR card on March 22nd. Completed our soft landing in Dec 2020. However, my wife hasn't received the PR card yet. Is it common that they process as two separate applications? I tried to contact them on 1-800-855-0511 and 888-242-2100 but it didn't connect. Could someone please let me know how we can contact IRCC about the status of the wife's PR card? Thank you.

Aug 10, 2018
Hi,
I received my PR card on March 22nd. Completed our soft landing in Dec 2020. However, my wife hasn't received the PR card yet. Is it common that they process as two separate applications? I tried to contact them on 1-800-855-0511 and 888-242-2100 but it didn't connect. Could someone please let me know how we can contact IRCC about the status of the wife's PR card? Thank you.
We have not received the letter yet. Is she able to link her application separately?

Mar 6, 2020
Thanks for the link. I tried linking PR Card application exactly as mentioned in the post, didn't work. Tried different combination for place of birth according to comments, that didn't work as well. I will call IRCC.

BTW, I applied SIN number and received it to my US address. I'm hoping there is no issue with PR card.
Were you able to reach IRCC ? if so please can you provide the contact number you used. I have been trying to reach them for a few days now and I couldn't get through. Also, were you able to update your address to get your PR card?