+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Progress for Soft Landed Folks in 2020/2021

Aug 10, 2018
I know there are plenty of PR tracker posts out there. But starting this one specifically for soft landed scenarios in 2020/2021.

I was able to link the PR application but nothing happened for over 2 months now.

Landed on: Dec 29, 2020
Linked application shows submitted Jan 19, 2021

peacefulpal

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
I completed soft landing on Dec 25, 2020, via the Detroit-Windsor tunnel. Still waiting for the PR card.

Last edited:

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi, I got a request to resend the pics for PR card after 20 days of landing and coming back to US. Anyone in same situation? Do new pics have same requirement as COPR? Do I need to send via Canadian post or just FedEx it. Just want to check if they are looking to see if I am in Canada

Aug 10, 2018
Hi, I got a request to resend the pics for PR card after 20 days of landing and coming back to US. Anyone in same situation? Do new pics have same requirement as COPR? Do I need to send via Canadian post or just FedEx it. Just want to check if they are looking to see if I am in Canada
Did the request come through mail or email? No information or communication for 3 months since soft landing

Aug 10, 2018
They should be PR card pic rules somewhere online. Better to check again.

FedEx has branches in Canada BTW :) But you need a sender's address anyway. Ideally they should not care about where you are right now as you can legally travel back and forth between U.S. and Canada by land still.

arputh

Feb 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
I did my soft landing on February 24th 2021. Do I need to do separate PR card application? This link says they'll send it. I tried address notification portal to update my address but it says they couldn't find my application.

Aug 10, 2018
I did my soft landing on February 24th 2021. Do I need to do separate PR card application? This link says they'll send it. I tried address notification portal to update my address but it says they couldn't find my application.
Application is done at PoE, the officer should have asked for a Canadian address for the card

arputh

Feb 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Application is done at PoE, the officer should have asked for a Canadian address for the card
CBSA officer took the CoPR copy containing photo and gave back the other copy. I mentioned I'll be going back to US same day. He asked me if I'll be staying in same US address for couple of weeks and I said yes, he said they'll mail my PR to US address. I asked him again about sending PR card to US and mentioned that I've my friend's Canadian address but he said they can only mail it to me. When I researched, everywhere it's mentioned that PR card WILL NOT be mailed outside Canada. I tried the online address notification portal to update my address to Canadian one but when I fill the credential, it says they couldn't find my application!

vkbca

Mar 29, 2021
PR card WILL NOT be mailed outside Canada. I tried the online address notification portal to update my address to Canadian one but when I fill the credential, it says they couldn't find my application!
That is correct PR card will not be mailed outside Canada. Also find your PR Card application by linking it to your profile

Perhaps this might help: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/linking-pr-card-application-to-track-pr-card-after-landing-flagpole-landing-interview-is-complete.617040/post-8188623

Reactions: eept

arputh

Feb 21, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
That is correct PR card will not be mailed outside Canada. Also find your PR Card application by linking it to your profile

Perhaps this might help: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/linking-pr-card-application-to-track-pr-card-after-landing-flagpole-landing-interview-is-complete.617040/post-8188623
Thanks for the link. I tried linking PR Card application exactly as mentioned in the post, didn't work. Tried different combination for place of birth according to comments, that didn't work as well. I will call IRCC.

BTW, I applied SIN number and received it to my US address. I'm hoping there is no issue with PR card.

kadkhiq81

May 10, 2017
Thanks for the link. I tried linking PR Card application exactly as mentioned in the post, didn't work. Tried different combination for place of birth according to comments, that didn't work as well. I will call IRCC.

BTW, I applied SIN number and received it to my US address. I'm hoping there is no issue with PR card.
Did they ask for an address proof while applying SIN?