+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***** PR Card Processing Time - Etobicoke IRCC Timeline *****

virani123

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
Hi Guys.

After reading all your comments it seems the PR card is taking too long from the Etobicoke office. My photos were received on April 8th and I confirmed with IRCC after calling them.

Now my question is regarding travel plans. This is ridiculous that we cant even travel just because of this freaking PR card although some of us are having valid open work permits and work visa's. But can someone make me understand that even if we travel using our valid work permit what might be the consequences once we land in Toronto? Because I think I wont be having any issues while boarding the plane, the airline would consider me as work permit holder and would allow me to board.

Please if someone can share their thoughts or know someone who have recently travelled like this? I don't want to go with the PRTD route from my home country.

Thank you in advance.

coco tang

Aug 13, 2020
Hello everyone,

Hope you’re all doing well.

Kindly share your timeline for PR card processing here on this thread so we can track the processing time during current situation:

COPR - 27 January
Pics sent by mail - 29 January
Single CEC applicant

Thanks
Do you have update on you IRCC account ? I got the PR confirmation letter says I got my PR status from Etobicoke IRCC but no update from my IRCC account. its kinda weird, but I send them my photos as required at February 2021, until now still no update....

coco tang

Aug 13, 2020
Do you have update on you IRCC account ? I got the PR confirmation letter says I got my PR status from Etobicoke IRCC but no update from my IRCC account. its kinda weird, but I send them my photos as required at February 2021, until now still no update....
Do you guys got update on your CIC account >? how do we contact the Etobicoke office ? I tired to call them... did not get through

Harsh prem

Apr 9, 2017
This is normal,even my case is like you.I sent my photos and eCOPR on March 10 and still waiting for my PR card.I am going to call CIC tomorrow and will also post imm5451e form ,in which I can ask them about the status of my PR card,as it has been more then 6 weeks and 45 working days.
I will keep you posted.If you wish we can stay in touch on my email ID:hrshmehta7@gmail.com

satya1986

Nov 25, 2020
Hi Guys.

After reading all your comments it seems the PR card is taking too long from the Etobicoke office. My photos were received on April 8th and I confirmed with IRCC after calling them.

Now my question is regarding travel plans. This is ridiculous that we cant even travel just because of this freaking PR card although some of us are having valid open work permits and work visa's. But can someone make me understand that even if we travel using our valid work permit what might be the consequences once we land in Toronto? Because I think I wont be having any issues while boarding the plane, the airline would consider me as work permit holder and would allow me to board.

Please if someone can share their thoughts or know someone who have recently travelled like this? I don't want to go with the PRTD route from my home country.

Thank you in advance.
@virani123 Once your PR is approved and you have a COPR, your work permit is invalidated and can't be used to return. However, you can apply for Permanent Resident Travel Document from your home country's Canada embassy and use it as a one-time travel visa to enter Canada. I would suggest you call IRCC and confirm if this works out and plan your travel accordingly.

satya1986

Nov 25, 2020
This is normal,even my case is like you.I sent my photos and eCOPR on March 10 and still waiting for my PR card.I am going to call CIC tomorrow and will also post imm5451e form ,in which I can ask them about the status of my PR card,as it has been more then 6 weeks and 45 working days.
I will keep you posted.If you wish we can stay in touch on my email ID:hrshmehta7@gmail.com
@Harsh prem Did you receive your PR card. Did you send your photos through mail or upload photos in the new portal?

Chilao

Jun 14, 2021
Hello everyone,

Hope you’re all doing well.

Kindly share your timeline for PR card processing here on this thread so we can track the processing time during current situation:

COPR - 27 January
Pics sent by mail - 29 January
Single CEC applicant

Thanks
Hi, did you get the pr card ?