+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card processing question.

tango

Mar 16, 2009
I will be landing in Canada from the US soon with my wife and our son. My wife is the primary applicant and a week after landing she will need to come back to the US with our son. My question is:

• Will the immigration officer at port of entry start the process of our PR Card even though my wife will be coming back to the US for a few weeks? (Remember I will be in Canada and we will have a permanent address to provide at border.)

The reason why I ask this question is because I have seen many people here saying that if you are planning to return to the US after landing they will not process your PR card, so I wanted to know if this would apply for our case.

Thank you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many people have given a friends address for PR card without stating that they do not plan to be at that address when the PR card arrives. When people have said at the border that they will not be there, at least in some cases, the border control will say that they will not process the PR card and to use their landing documents when they come back and let them know the address when they are in Canada to stay. Since you will be there and they are your family, it might be that they will process their PR cards even though they are leaving but if they don't ask, there is no need to say that they are only staying a week.

jasbir78

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
no problem at all. u can visit any country while ur PR card is in process, i did same thing but u need PR canada when entering canada again.

bye