+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card processing delay as staff head for summer vacation?

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Hi guys, over the past few weeks processing time for PR card has steadily increase from 56 days to 80 days for routine applications and unlimited for non routine applications. Heard from some friends that staff at CIC are heading for summer vacation and applications for pr card and citizenship are expected to be delayed due to shortage of staff? This is getting frustrated, the right to travel is so basic right of human beings and in Canada immigrants are treated like prisoners, can our travel right be at the mercy of beaureaucratic officers who their vacation trump it all? I am so fed of with all this non sense residency review, in most other countries entry and exit records are automatically captured and renewal of residency permit can easily be done by computer systems but here the onus is on us to prove our presence here and there is no trust between government and immigrants on whatever we submit. I lost so many opportunities in professional and personal matters because I got stuck here at the mercy of these beaureaucrats. Totally fed up!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe they have a backlog of issues/cases to review through people issuing complaints. Maybe they are exercising their human right to a family life and taking vacation which you seem to begrudge them ?

Obtaining PR is a priveledge not a right so unfortunately there has to be rules else people would abuse the system as many do just landing for a few days then disappearing for a few years as opposed to maintaing and proving residency.

If other countries have more efficient processes then maybe they provide a better place to live but when people apply to become PR the rules are stated in full upfront for all to see so if the rules are not acceptable then people should either not apply or just accept and establish a life with what they have.

If it takes 56 or 100 days not ideal but at least someone is PR with or without the card, there are thousands who would like to be and would wait longer just to be PR. Then again there are a lot of people who will complain regardless despite fact how lucky they are to live in Canada.