+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr card process after COPR SEP/OCT 2020

Dec 10, 2020
Sorry would like to clarify how do you link to your GC account?
I want to be sure, I didn't miss an essential step, in the COPR I was told to mail my passport photos and a copy of COPR to my Province Immigration office. which I did, was there something else that should have been done, please how are linking your application, did you have to manually apply online after mailing your passport photos?
I did same as you. Got copr on nov 5th and sent photo along with copr to etobicoke office. No update after that. How do i link pr card to my cic account. ?? Please help me

huhushow

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
I got my PR CARD today. I sent it 10th Nov and delivered at 13th Nov. No update and can't link to my cic account. so I asked by webform. and got a reply for webform today morning. It said they sent my PR card at 9th Dec, and I received my PR CARD this afternoon.
I sent it to Vancouver office, by the way

ssinghjeet

Dec 13, 2020
I got my PR CARD today. I sent it 10th Nov and delivered at 13th Nov. No update and can't link to my cic account. so I asked by webform. and got a reply for webform today morning. It said they sent my PR card at 9th Dec, and I received my PR CARD this afternoon.
I sent it to Vancouver office, by the way
Did you apply for urgent processing or normal?

LilyJoy

Feb 3, 2020
HI Guys, I got my PR CARD Yesterday, super excited.
I didnt have to do any linking online to my PR CARD, this is for people who might have been confused by messages from people here discussing about linking a PR CARD application to GC KEY. If you sent your COPR with passport photograph to the immigration office in your province e.g Vancouver, Etobicoke e.t.c just be patient you will get your PR card. If you are worried, call IRCC. I think those mentioning some PR CARD applications linking to GC KEY had a different processing procedure.
I never linked any application online, I never got anything related to linking any GC KEY,

I simply sent my COPR and passport to my immigration processing office(i.e the address that appears on my COPR)and I got my PR card 4 weeks after.

I have my PR CARD now and there was nothing related to it in my CIC account

All the best everyone

Last edited:
Reactions: crackMBA

mgOntario

Sep 23, 2018
I also have no idea, that's is same question I am asking.
Linking your PR card application is nothing to do with processing times it just give you a sense that the application has been received by office and it is being processed. On your Account Home page you will see "Add (link) your application to your account" and there you can link your PR CARD application. Please make sure you type your city of birth exactly same as shown in your passport. sometimes your city of birth includes your province too in your passport so make sure you type exactly same as per your passport. It should just link fine.

Best of Luck

aazmhd

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
This might sound off!

Could someone please let me know whether you send out your CoPR letter and the photograph via Canada Post or some other service provider?
I have a dependant, do we send two separate letters and photographs in two envoleps? Or it can be one?

Inputs would be highly appreciated.

paramwolseley

Star Member
May 7, 2020
This might sound off!

Could someone please let me know whether you send out your CoPR letter and the photograph via Canada Post or some other service provider?
I have a dependant, do we send two separate letters and photographs in two envoleps? Or it can be one?

Inputs would be highly appreciated.
You Can Send through canada register post (Xpresspost) and send in one envolep all copr and photographs.

Reactions: aazmhd