+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card pick up in person

ecx

Mar 26, 2014
Hi,
I have been living in Canada for the past 3 and a half years but I've been a permanent resident since 2005. I never got a PR Card due to some issue with the photos. I was away for almost 5 years though, which means that my PR status expired. I entered Canada again in 2011 via plane with a 2-way ticket, so I was lucky not to have been reported to immigration at the time (I assume they thought I was a tourist). I had no idea my PR status had expired at the time and the only reason I bought a 2-way ticket was because it was cheaper ;D

I talked to a lawyer who advised me to stay in the country for 3 years and then apply for a PR Card (my first), which I did.
My application was accepted and now I got a letter saying that my PR Card is ready and I need to pick it up in person. I just wanted to know what to expect because it also says that an immigration official will review my documents and may request additional information to determine my eligibility for a PR Card. Is this normal and does it mean that I can still be rejected?

They're also asking me to bring all the documents I sent with my application, like my passport/travel documents and all that.

I'm just wondering, is this like an interview or something? Has anyone been through this? Do they only ask you about the past 5 years? Because if they ask me where I was between 2006 and 2011 they'll know I didn't meet my residency obligations at the time...

Thanks in advance.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
ecx said:
Hi,
I have been living in Canada for the past 3 and a half years but I've been a permanent resident since 2005. I never got a PR Card due to some issue with the photos. I was away for almost 5 years though, which means that my PR status expired. I entered Canada again in 2011 via plane with a 2-way ticket, so I was lucky not to have been reported to immigration at the time (I assume they thought I was a tourist). I had no idea my PR status had expired at the time and the only reason I bought a 2-way ticket was because it was cheaper ;D

I talked to a lawyer who advised me to stay in the country for 3 years and then apply for a PR Card (my first), which I did.
My application was accepted and now I got a letter saying that my PR Card is ready and I need to pick it up in person. I just wanted to know what to expect because it also says that an immigration official will review my documents and may request additional information to determine my eligibility for a PR Card. Is this normal and does it mean that I can still be rejected?

They're also asking me to bring all the documents I sent with my application, like my passport/travel documents and all that.

I'm just wondering, is this like an interview or something? Has anyone been through this? Do they only ask you about the past 5 years? Because if they ask me where I was between 2006 and 2011 they'll know I didn't meet my residency obligations at the time...

Thanks in advance.
Sir

Contact your lawyer

Stay Blessed

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
ecx said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Yes, this is normal and they can only check back 5 years from the date of your application for your new card.
What happened before the beginning of 2009 is now ancient history and irrelevant.