+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Photos rejected

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My photos have been rejected for a second time. No idea what's wrong with them, they were taken professionally and met all specifications. Has anyone been successful contacting the Sydney office for an explanation?

I'm very frustrated - photos from the same studio and specs were accepted when I submitted PR application, but now aren't acceptable for the card?! No explanation as to what's wrong with them, time pressure to avoid submitting a full card application, and expensive to get photos taken and shipped!
How did you find out? If it merely shows on the online portal that they are missing (or were rejected), it could very well be the random mystery glitch than many are facing with the online system. The error eventually goes away...sometimes after the PR Card has been issued, mailed and received by the PR! LOL!

grace321

Apr 27, 2023
I am so sorry to hear that. Are you inside Canada or outside? When did you submit the photos and how long did they take to respond you ?
Outside Canada. Shipped from US on March 30, took maybe a week to arrive in Sydney, just got rejection email this morning, May 3. If it's going to take them a month to respond, I'm going to run out of time to get this processed before the deadline...

grace321

Apr 27, 2023
How did you find out? If it merely shows on the online portal that they are missing (or were rejected), it could very well be the random mystery glitch than many are facing with the online system. The error eventually goes away...sometimes after the PR Card has been issued, mailed and received by the PR! LOL!
I received an email this morning. I don't see any mention of PR card on the portal, would it be under the documents section? I only see that COPR was issued. Interesting that people are getting those error messages though.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My photos have been rejected for a second time. No idea what's wrong with them, they were taken professionally and met all specifications. Has anyone been successful contacting the Sydney office for an explanation?

I'm very frustrated - photos from the same studio and specs were accepted when I submitted PR application, but now aren't acceptable for the card?! No explanation as to what's wrong with them, time pressure to avoid submitting a full card application, and expensive to get photos taken and shipped!
That is crazy, because one of the photos that you included with the PR application is what is used for the PR card!

Since you live in the U.S., are you by chance a U.S. citizen with a valid passport? If so, you can fly to Canada without needing a valid PR Card. If you are not a U.S., citizen, you can still enter Canada in your personal vehicle, or by foot, at a land PoE by merely showing your landing document.

grace321

Apr 27, 2023

That is crazy, because one of the photos that you included with the PR application is what is used for the PR card!

Since you live in the U.S., are you by chance a U.S. citizen with a valid passport? If so, you can fly to Canada without needing a valid PR Card. If you are not a U.S., citizen, you can still enter Canada in your personal vehicle, or by foot, at a land PoE by merely showing your landing document.
[/QUOTE]

I know! Same photo that was accepted got rejected, then second set of photos from the same studio and with the same specs was rejected.

Yes, I do have a US passport, I can enter that way. I just wonder if it will be a problem if they see that I'm also a PR without the proper ID. I don't have the residency requirements yet to apply for a new card or travel document as I'm in the US right now.

Apr 29, 2023

Yes I would suggest the same to go to Canada by land and process things there if you can.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I know! Same photo that was accepted got rejected, then second set of photos from the same studio and with the same specs was rejected.

Yes, I do have a US passport, I can enter that way. I just wonder if it will be a problem if they see that I'm also a PR without the proper ID. I don't have the residency requirements yet to apply for a new card or travel document as I'm in the US right now.
[/QUOTE]
Your U.S. passport is your [return] travel document, until you get your PR Card. Your CoPR is the document that proves PR status when you encounter CBSA.

Don't stress!

grace321

Apr 27, 2023

Your U.S. passport is your [return] travel document, until you get your PR Card. Your CoPR is the document that proves PR status when you encounter CBSA.

Don't stress!
[/QUOTE]

But COPR is not a travel document, correct? I understand it should be easy for me to travel on US passport, but it's all pretty confusing when they want you to have PRTD.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Don't stress!
But COPR is not a travel document, correct? I understand it should be easy for me to travel on US passport, but it's all pretty confusing when they want you to have PRTD.
When you say "they", do you mean CBSA or do you mean the airline?

It's widely know that a U.S. citizen traveling on a valid U.S. passport, doesn't really need a valid PR card (or PRTD) to return to Canada via a commercial carrier. This is because of a bilateral agreement between the airlines, apparently. Because of this, you should not volunteer that you are a PR of Canada.

grace321

Apr 27, 2023
That's what IRCC says, and I guess therefore CBSA. Yes, not volunteering the info is best, but just feels weird.

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
My timeline.

AOR initial PR Card: 20-Jun-23
Pictures refused / Updated address via IRCC phone support: 13-Jul-23 (23 days since AOR)
New pictures received by IRCC via post mail: 25-Jul-23 (35 days since AOR)

Now it’s 42 days, no update. They don’t respond to webforms and since this week’s Monday their phone support is almost never working.

How do you know which week’s pictures they process currently?

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
IRCC phone support said they’re processing pictures received in first 2 weeks of July now. So it basically should take about 40 days to get a reply if new pictures are approved from the date they were received by IRCC.

Reactions: Maria0000

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
My timeline.

AOR initial PR Card: 20-Jun-23
Pictures refused / Updated address via IRCC phone support: 13-Jul-23 (23 days since AOR)
New pictures received by IRCC via post mail: 25-Jul-23 (35 days since AOR)
Pictures approved: 10-Aug-23 (51 days since AOR, 16 days since pictures were received)