+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Photos rejected

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
I raised a webform last night regarding photos resubmission and got a response this morning saying 'We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they have been added to the file. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for officer review.'
Some details
Landed pearson dec 4, 2022
Photo requested : dec 2, 2022
Photos submitted : dec 5, 2022
Webform raised: feb 3, 2023
Reply received: feb 3, 2023
Friends, what do you think? Photos reached? Or will I receive another email after a month saying 'your photos not on file'
Appreciate your insights.
Best regards
Thanks

Reactions: Lobosuelto92

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
@hus9007 hope you are doing well. Have you received your pr card, my 45 days passed and phots rejection not received. Does this mean photos passed, or under review. Thanks n regards

hus9007

Oct 28, 2022
@hus9007 hope you are doing well. Have you received your pr card, my 45 days passed and phots rejection not received. Does this mean photos passed, or under review. Thanks n regards
I cannot for sure tell if they have passed but what I have seen those whose pics get rejected usually get an email within 45-60 days. This is just from the trend that I have seen over the past year

hus9007

Oct 28, 2022
My pictures have been verified and passed. They were opening 11th Oct envelope last week when I called. I submitted pics on 19th Oct.

MariOTh

Sep 5, 2022
I have been attempting to submit my photo for a PR card, but it keeps getting rejected. I haven't received any email explaining the rejection, but when I log in to the portal website, it states that I need to submit a photo. I am confident that I have met all the requirements. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Ehh

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
I have been attempting to submit my photo for a PR card, but it keeps getting rejected. I haven't received any email explaining the rejection, but when I log in to the portal website, it states that I need to submit a photo. I am confident that I have met all the requirements. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Same for us, and the picture was taken professionally so I have no idea what the issue is. It just says it's too dark or too bright, and doesn't say which one. I tried adjusting the brightness probably 50 times and still didn't work I decided to ignore the warning and submit it anyway. Probably going to cause delays now but I don't know what else to do. I confirmed the pixels and size are correct. I would hope where I took it knows the requirements as well. Fingers crossed.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Same for us, and the picture was taken professionally so I have no idea what the issue is. It just says it's too dark or too bright, and doesn't say which one. I tried adjusting the brightness probably 50 times and still didn't work I decided to ignore the warning and submit it anyway. Probably going to cause delays now but I don't know what else to do. I confirmed the pixels and size are correct. I would hope where I took it knows the requirements as well. Fingers crossed.
I got done my photos from shoppers and picked a ruler from stationeries section and measured face The length was small than mentioned in instruction. I told the photographer that this would not work, she told me this is auto setting for passport pictures and we have to do nothing with it. on my insistence she scaled up face so that face length become 31mm that is minimum allowed (31 to 36mm) she showed me her camera , there were auto markers with in that limit she could zoom the pic , she told me that if she zoom further my ears go out of markers of passport photos (they said pp and pr photos are same). By the way my wife’s pic came fit to measurements in first attempt. Photos reached on 5th December , sent by Canada post signature on delivery, got the signature image and showing delivered at Sydney NS , but they don’t give street address where delivered. If you send by ups they are bit more expensive but give detail of who received and street address where delivered.
Fingers crossed. Will update you regarding out come of photos once I receive, yes to my web form enquiry they replied a generic reply that we have received your documents and are placed on file for review, but some one on these forums write that even after this type of reply they received an e-mail after a month that we don’t have your photos on record. Hope this will help all friends in queue.

hus9007

Oct 28, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I got my PR Card today. Let me share my timelines with you all:

Landed on 18th August 2022 in Toronto Pearson
My pictures got rejected and received an email on 14th Oct 2022
I sent the pictures to 49 Dorchester Street Sydney Nova Scotia via UPS and they reached them on 19th October 2022.

Note: if you are sending via UPS, Fedex etc you can send to 49 Dorchester Street Sydney, NS B1P 5Z2 It might get delivered to Waterford NS. You don't need to worry about that. If you are sending via Canada Post follow the address mentioned in the letter.

My status on IRCC website changed from submitted to application updated on 26th Jan 2023.
The status changed back to submitted on 27th Jan 2023.

On 7th Feb 2023, my status changed to approved.

I received my card on 9th Feb 2023.

Please note these things:

1. When sending the pictures again, ensure the dimensions are correct. Your facial is neutral and follow all the instructions mentioned on their website about pictures.
  2. Your pictures might get delivered to Waterford NS, instead of Sydney as this is there new digital office.
  3. The processing time on their website is applicable for those whose pictures get accepted on the first try. For resending pictures they follow a different pattern
  4. If your pictures are rejected you might get a reply in 40-60 days it all depends on IRCC.
  5. If you are from Canada, call the IRCC helpline from 8am - 9am or 12pm-1pm. You can request a call back, which they always do
  6. Ensure that your address is correct as they put the wrong address on my file at the airport. I had to get it corrected by calling their helpline

I got my pictures retaken from Google Maps

Good luck y'all

Last edited:
Reactions: ndse2

Ehh

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I got my PR Card today. Let me share my timelines with you all:

Landed on 18th August 2022 in Toronto Pearson
My pictures got rejected and received an email on 14th Oct 2022
I sent the pictures to 49 Dorchester Street Sydney Nova Scotia via UPS and they reached them on 19th October 2022.

Note: if you are sending via UPS, Fedex etc you can send to 49 Dorchester Street Sydney, NS B1P 5Z2 It might get delivered to Waterford NS. You don't need to worry about that. If you are sending via Canada Post follow the address mentioned in the letter.

My status on IRCC website changed from submitted to application updated on 26th Jan 2023.
The status changed back to submitted on 27th Jan 2023.

On 7th Feb 2023, my status changed to approved.

I received my card on 9th Feb 2023.

Please note these things:

1. When sending the pictures again, ensure the dimensions are correct. Your facial is neutral and follow all the instructions mentioned on their website about pictures.
  2. Your pictures might get delivered to Waterford NS, instead of Sydney as this is there new digital office.
  3. The processing time on their website is applicable for those whose pictures get accepted on the first try. For resending pictures they follow a different pattern
  4. If your pictures are rejected you might get a reply in 40-60 days it all depends on IRCC.
  5. If you are from Canada, call the IRCC helpline from 8am - 9am or 12pm-1pm. You can request a call back, which they always do
  6. Ensure that your address is correct as they put the wrong address on my file at the airport. I had to get it corrected by calling their helpline

I got my pictures retaken from Google Maps

Good luck y'all
Congratulations!!! Did they specify why your first photo was rejected?

gear9

May 23, 2022
my package was delivered today. For some reason, UPS tracking page lists the delivery was made in New Waterford, NS and not in Sydney, NS. I’ll give IRCC a call in couple of days and ask if they have received it.
Received the PR card today. No change in IRCC account yet.

nesog

Nov 2, 2022
Hello, I am also in first PR Card photo resubmission process. My photo was delivered on 11 october but I am still waiting my card. I called the IRCC they said there was no problem about new photo, they were in the final stage. Is there any people to have a same process? I really don’t understand why they do not ship my card.