+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Photo Resubmission 2022 Timeline

Duke1980

Aug 25, 2020
I tried calling IRCC at +1 888 242 2100 multiple times but it never goes through and in the end it says we are unable to transfer you to the agent due to high call volumes even if it is at 8am. Are there particular options and times which I should try?
My photo was received on 24th Sept 2022 but no updates from IRCC and nothing on my CIC account either. Is anyone else facing the same delays for September photo resubmission cases?

JMK13

Jan 29, 2023
I tried calling IRCC at +1 888 242 2100 multiple times but it never goes through and in the end it says we are unable to transfer you to the agent due to high call volumes even if it is at 8am. Are there particular options and times which I should try?
My photo was received on 24th Sept 2022 but no updates from IRCC and nothing on my CIC account either. Is anyone else facing the same delays for September photo resubmission cases?
Same here, September 20th

Sahoby

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
I just called them today (Jan 30) , the agent told me that they're working on photo retakes received before Oct 11.
The agent told me based on the notes he could see, that they actually opened my envolope but couldn't tell me exactly when it was opened. So I guess I'll just wait until they work on the photo retakes for 4th week of October.

Duke1980

Aug 25, 2020
I just called them today (Jan 30) , the agent told me that they're working on photo retakes received before Oct 11.
The agent told me based on the notes he could see, that they actually opened my envolope but couldn't tell me exactly when it was opened. So I guess I'll just wait until they work on the photo retakes for 4th week of October.
How did you get through them mate? What options did you choose on the IVR and are there any specific times you found it to be useful while contacting them? I know it could just be a luck but any information would be helpful

Sahoby

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
How did you get through them mate? What options did you choose on the IVR and are there any specific times you found it to be useful while contacting them? I know it could just be a luck but any information would be helpful
Sorry I really don’t remember what options I clicked, it was something to do with checking a current application, I think the first option is one.
That being said, I tried to call them many times without success but this time I got through.

Jayypw

Jan 31, 2023
Here is my timeline:

Photo resubmission received at Sydney, NS: October 11th 2022

Ghost update: January 23rd, 2023 - I am assuming this is when the envelope was opened.

PR Card approved and mailed: January 31st, 2023 (Today)

Waiting to receive card in mail.

ndse2

Jul 15, 2019
Here is my timeline:

Ghost update: January 23rd, 2023 - I am assuming this is when the envelope was opened.

Hi congratulations!
Would you inform when did they receive your resubmitted photos ? And
What is a ghost update ? Where is it received and what exactly it reads ?
Thanks

ndse2

Jul 15, 2019
Hi congratulations!
Thanks
And what was the address where your mailed the pictures ? Tnx

Jayypw

Jan 31, 2023
Hi congratulations!
Thanks
Photos were delivered October 11th. On January 23rd when I signed in the current status said: “Application/Profile Updated”. This disappears and changes to “submitted” when I sign in again with no new updates. Hence “Ghost Update”. But it supposedly means someone looked at your file or something changed.
https://gooallen.medium.com/whats-ghost-update-on-ircc-express-entry-pr-421c68685a76

thebigdaddy

Nov 24, 2020
Here is my timeline:

Thanks for sharing.

I just logged in and saw a ghost update.

The photo was resubmitted on the 2nd of November, 2022.

Did you receive a notification that the application was approved and mailed, in your secure account?

Jayypw

Jan 31, 2023
Thanks for sharing.

I just logged in and saw a ghost update.

The photo was resubmitted on the 2nd of November, 2022.

Did you receive a notification that the application was approved and mailed, in your secure account?
No email or anything. But when I logged in today, the status changed to application/profile updated. When you click into that it says the application has been approved and the PR card has been mailed - a long with showing your PR card number. When you sign in again, the current status officially changes to approved.

Reactions: thebigdaddy