+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card not Received

KimCaps

Sep 12, 2023
Hi guys im kinda in a unique situation. I did not received my PR card since I arrived in Canada when I asked about it they said I failed to comply with some information which I did not received from my email and my mailing address. They asked me to reapply PR card which I did and I am waiting for more than 3 months now. My only proof of Permanent Residence is my COPR and it is expired. I am planning to apply in a Canadian Univ but one of the req is the proof of residence. What can I do?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys im kinda in a unique situation. I did not received my PR card since I arrived in Canada when I asked about it they said I failed to comply with some information which I did not received from my email and my mailing address. They asked me to reapply PR card which I did and I am waiting for more than 3 months now. My only proof of Permanent Residence is my COPR and it is expired. I am planning to apply in a Canadian Univ but one of the req is the proof of residence. What can I do?
Try with your COPR.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
As far as I'm aware most universities do not need proof of PR status to apply, you simply state that you are one.

You will need something at time of payment of tuition. I've had experience with showing them COPR to accept payment at domestic rate at beginning of term, and the university requiring/accepting better proof (PR card) a couple of months later into the term.