+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card not received, Can i return to Canada.

voltron

Feb 26, 2014
I landed on May 5 of this year. The immigration officer took my Canadian Address and told me I will receive my PR card in 4 to 6 weeks, It is now the 8th week and nothing. when I did my landing I landed and returned t o the USA. Now I had planed to go to Canada and saw that I cant fly in unless I have the PR. My question is what happens if i fly into Canada from the USA and my USA passport, will they turn me away, or will they just question me and then let me in and tell me I should have gotten travel documents. I was not aware of travel documents until yesterday, but since my flight to Canada is in a few days, i know it will not be processed in time.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can use your US passport and landing document to return to Canada. You don't need PRTD.

voltron

Feb 26, 2014
steaky said:
You can use your US passport and landing document to return to Canada. You don't need PRTD.
im going to try it. The worst that can happen is they send me back. I fly into Canada in a week. I will keep you guys posted as to whether i was admitted or sent back... :) but its been 9 weeks and still waiting for a pr card.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
voltron said:
im going to try it. The worst that can happen is they send me back. I fly into Canada in a week. I will keep you guys posted as to whether i was admitted or sent back... :) but its been 9 weeks and still waiting for a pr card.
There is nothing "to try". A PR card is not required to enter Canada and they can't send you back because you don't have it.

voltron

Feb 26, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
There is nothing "to try". A PR card is not required to enter Canada and they can't send you back because you don't have it.
Correct, I went back to Canada prior to PR card arriving, they just asked me a few question, and then let me in.