+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card not received after 11 months

wfingercrossedEE

Dec 13, 2019
Hello all,

We (a family of three) landed in Canada last August to confirm our PR status. After that, we went back home till now. A few months later, the PR cards of my partner and my kid were received by my relative, which means that the address provided was fine. However, it's been 11 months now and I, as the principal applicant, have not received mine.

I have searched for ways to solve this problem but this is no clear answer to situations like mine. Can anyone here please advise on this issue? It's highly appreciated.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello all,

We (a family of three) landed in Canada last August to confirm our PR status. After that, we went back home till now. A few months later, the PR cards of my partner and my kid were received by my relative, which means that the address provided was fine. However, it's been 11 months now and I, as the principal applicant, have not received mine.

I have searched for ways to solve this problem but this is no clear answer to situations like mine. Can anyone here please advise on this issue? It's highly appreciated.
Are you inside Canada? Now

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

Send a web form to IRCC. You can also phone the Call Center, but the toll free number only works if calling from Canada.

https://www.immigroup.com/topics/how-call-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-outside-canada/

The local Ottawa area phone number for IRCC is +1-613-944-4000, and if it were a standard local number, you would be able to dial 001 613-944-4000 from abroad and reach the call centre. However, controls have been put in place to detect calls from abroad at IRCC, and you will not get through dialling 001 613-944-4000. One trick that has worked in the recent past is to dial *67 613 944 4000. This blocks caller ID at the receiving end but works only for calls from the US, so you might as well call the toll-free number. It also works in Canada, but that’s a moot point. There are other prefixes you can dial to block caller ID depending on what country you are dialing from:
  • From the UK and Ireland, dial 141 before the number.
  • On a GSM phone from any country, dial #31#613-944-4000.
  • In Argentina, dial *31# from a landline and *31* or #31# for mobile phones.
  • From Hong Kong, dial 133 before the number.
  • From South Africa, dial *31* (Telkom) before the number.
  • From cell phones in Asia and elsewhere, dial +1 613 944 4000.
  • Callers using Skype have encountered problems, but other VOIP providers may offer number portability, like Voip.ms, that allows you to port toll-free numbers to your Voice Over Internet Protocol, or VOIP, service. You can attempt to use this feature to call IRCC from abroad.
  • In all the above, you will eventually be directed to a menu where you have to work through the options by choosing 1, then one again on the following menu, and then option 2.
Good luck!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
No. I'm still outside Canada.
If you did not get your PR card before six weeks have passed
If you are waiting for your PR card, but less than six weeks have passed from the time the card was mailed to you, you must wait until this time has passed.

If you did not get your PR card after six weeks have passed
If you are waiting for your PR card and six weeks have passed from the time the card was mailed to you and you did not get it, you must complete a solemn declaration. Mailing instructions are provided at the bottom of the form.

Note: if 180 days have passed since the PR card was mailed, you will have to apply for a PR card, fill in section G (solemn declaration), and include the fee paymen

Reactions: wfingercrossedEE

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Note: if 180 days have passed since the PR card was mailed, you will have to apply for a PR card, fill in section G (solemn declaration), and include the fee payment
Adding the link to the above post:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=720&top=4

THIS part is ridiculous, IMHO:
"Note: if 180 days have passed since the PR card was mailed, you will have to apply for a PR card, fill in section G (solemn declaration), and include the fee payment"

Firstly, how would anyone know when `it was mailed' since IRCC sends PR Cards via regular snail mail (no way to track)?

Secondly...why should the PR have to pay for a replacement card that was never received?!

Reactions: wfingercrossedEE

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020

"Note: if 180 days have passed since the PR card was mailed, you will have to apply for a PR card, fill in section G (solemn declaration), and include the fee payment"

Firstly, how would anyone know when `it was mailed' since IRCC sends PR Cards via regular snail mail (no way to track)?

Secondly...why should the PR have to pay for a replacement card that was never received?!
There is no tracking for mailing of PR card . However you can link PR card application to Gc key account and it should show whether it’s still in processing. If approved it should show when it was approved and mailed it to you. It doesn’t show where and how it was shipped.

wfingercrossedEE

Dec 13, 2019
Send a web form to IRCC. You can also phone the Call Center, but the toll free number only works if calling from Canada.

https://www.immigroup.com/topics/how-call-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-outside-canada/

The local Ottawa area phone number for IRCC is +1-613-944-4000, and if it were a standard local number, you would be able to dial 001 613-944-4000 from abroad and reach the call centre. However, controls have been put in place to detect calls from abroad at IRCC, and you will not get through dialling 001 613-944-4000. One trick that has worked in the recent past is to dial *67 613 944 4000. This blocks caller ID at the receiving end but works only for calls from the US, so you might as well call the toll-free number. It also works in Canada, but that’s a moot point. There are other prefixes you can dial to block caller ID depending on what country you are dialing from:
  • From the UK and Ireland, dial 141 before the number.
  • On a GSM phone from any country, dial #31#613-944-4000.
  • In Argentina, dial *31# from a landline and *31* or #31# for mobile phones.
  • From Hong Kong, dial 133 before the number.
  • From South Africa, dial *31* (Telkom) before the number.
  • From cell phones in Asia and elsewhere, dial +1 613 944 4000.
  • Callers using Skype have encountered problems, but other VOIP providers may offer number portability, like Voip.ms, that allows you to port toll-free numbers to your Voice Over Internet Protocol, or VOIP, service. You can attempt to use this feature to call IRCC from abroad.
  • In all the above, you will eventually be directed to a menu where you have to work through the options by choosing 1, then one again on the following menu, and then option 2.
Good luck!
Thank you for the great instruction. I'm in the UK right now but unfortunately, I wasn't able to connect the number. I'm wondering if the webform may help. In the worst case, I perhaps will need to apply from Canadian embassy here in the UK for a temporary travel document for PR holders in order to go to Canada, in the future.

wfingercrossedEE

Dec 13, 2019
There is no tracking for mailing of PR card . However you can link PR card application to Gc key account and it should show whether it’s still in processing. If approved it should show when it was approved and mailed it to you. It doesn’t show where and how it was shipped.
Thanks for your response. Since I'm an outland applicant, I don't have the way to link application to my account, like other inland applicants. Therefore, I wasn't able to know the mailing progress, etc. Please correct me if I was wrong.

wfingercrossedEE

Dec 13, 2019

Thanks for your response. That's true. I also find it unacceptable because this literally means the applicant needs to pay for their poor service. Actually, this is why I came to the forum to seek for advice. Now it looks like this is the only solution?

wfingercrossedEE

Dec 13, 2019
Alternatively,
Thanks for your response. That's true. I also find it unacceptable because this literally means the applicant needs to pay for their poor service. Actually, this is why I came to the forum to seek for advice. Now it looks like this is the only solution?
Alternatively, the Permanent resident travel document can do the job to allow me to travel to Canada.