+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

G4L

Aug 8, 2017
I contacted IRCC yesterday and asked why my status has been stuck at "Decision Made" since November and they said there's no issues with my application and it's due to a backlog in printing PR cards. So I asked if my application is approved and the customer rep said yes it most probably is.

Hopefully I will get the card soon!

Reactions: sirliujin

KiriMiri

Jan 4, 2022
Thanks for sharing. I sure hope that ours is just stuck in the queue. It would be a pain to go back and recalculate days out of Canada - though ours are not even close to the maximum allowed. I (stupidly) didn't realize we needed to keep track, so needed to go back over photos of vacations to figure out the days we were gone. I might have messed up a couple of exit and entry dates and have been wondering if that is what the holdup is (as it would not match their border records?). Seeing the total number is less than 100 for the entire 5 years, I wouldn't imagine this would be a problem. I'll check the other thread as well. It would be nice to hear from them - when we called they said "all requirements have been met". Just not sure what the delay is then. We will just wait patiently. Maybe start on our next renewal so we get that card in time. lol
Wont be a problem. Had to do the same as you going over pictures and old flight tickets estimating entry/exit days. I even forgot one complete entry which i just figured afterwards. Application was approved anyway. Its surely enough if the timelines come just close to what they have saved in their database. As far as i understood…when the application is „in process“ status its more about verifying your personal information like passport ecetera. Whats your GC key saying? You can find more detailed information there.

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
My timeline is:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 3, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 14, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 14, 2022.
ECAS is DM since Jan 14th. kind of worried about whether they approve of not.

One question, in the application form i put my current mailing address, however, i realized my mailing address on ECAS is my former address and got it changed online three days ago, but today still dosent change to my current address. Does the card go to the address on ECAS of my application package?
I would give them a call to make sure they send it to the address you want it to arrive to.
I made a mistake trusting that I have changed the address using the webform, but they still sent the card to the old address (and then it was lost in mail...)

skidmarkz

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
CIVIL ENGINEER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016

nicolel

Jul 30, 2017
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 25, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 6, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 6, 2022.
Fingers crossed I hear from them soon. I know I'm still well within the timeline but can't help but worry seeing ppl with AOR + DM same day.

Reactions: Roger1985

nicolel

Jul 30, 2017
My renewal timeline below. Hopefully not too long until DM.

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 25, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 12, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 12, 2022.
Oh we have the same date! Any updates on yours?

Purpletta

Jan 14, 2022
Got my status updated to Complete today.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 28, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 11, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 11, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 19, 2022.
Hopefully I'll receive the card next week sometime!
Card received January 28. Thank you to everyone who posted their timelines, you guys kept my anxiety at bay knowing my processing time is at par with most people who sent around the same time! Cheers!

Reactions: sirliujin

elbob

Star Member
Aug 31, 2013
My update:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 9, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 13, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 13, 2022. Decision Made

I can't link my application using GC KEY, for some reason it doesn't find it, so not clue what the decision was.

sirliujin

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 6, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 6, 2022.
Fingers crossed I hear from them soon. I know I'm still well within the timeline but can't help but worry seeing ppl with AOR + DM same day.
Only 1 in my family got AOR but the case was still in process on ECAS the next day. Other 3 were all DMs. Hope you can get DM soon.

nicolel

Jul 30, 2017
Only 1 in my family got AOR but the case was still in process on ECAS the next day. Other 3 were all DMs. Hope you can get DM soon.
Did your family member get DM? Or are they still waiting?

I hope I get it soon too. This is making me so anxious.

benq

Star Member
Dec 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would give them a call to make sure they send it to the address you want it to arrive to.
I made a mistake trusting that I have changed the address using the webform, but they still sent the card to the old address (and then it was lost in mail...)
My address on ECAS has been updated. I can only see home address but no mailing address. I believed they merged these two address together if they are the same?

JoanneB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
Wont be a problem. Had to do the same as you going over pictures and old flight tickets estimating entry/exit days. I even forgot one complete entry which i just figured afterwards. Application was approved anyway. Its surely enough if the timelines come just close to what they have saved in their database. As far as i understood…when the application is „in process“ status its more about verifying your personal information like passport ecetera. Whats your GC key saying? You can find more detailed information there.
I can't get into GCKey anymore. I used to be able to check on there, but now they say I have to have a verification or something. I have been checking the status online, but not through GCKey.

KiriMiri

Jan 4, 2022
Card received January 28. Thank you to everyone who posted their timelines, you guys kept my anxiety at bay knowing my processing time is at par with most people who sent around the same time! Cheers!
Hi there, would you mind sharing your location in Canada?

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
My address on ECAS has been updated. I can only see home address but no mailing address. I believed they merged these two address together if they are the same?
Well...my address on ECAS was also updated after I submitted the webform with address update (couple times). Despite that the card was still sent to an old address initially indicated in the application...