+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

sam_canada

Oct 18, 2014
This is my timeline but until today i have not received the AOR paper copy in the mail, anyone with the same experience?

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 25, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 11, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 11, 2022.

elbob

Star Member
Aug 31, 2013
This is my timeline but until today i have not received the AOR paper copy in the mail, anyone with the same experience?

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 25, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 11, 2022.
I didn't event know we should be receiving AOR paper copy in the mail!
I have a very similar timeline. They started processing mine Jan 13.

ozzycey

Oct 4, 2021
I have been waiting for my new PR card since June 24, 2021. I contacted my local MP and they were able to get at least an update that my photo was approved but in the portal, it still says in review. They also said that my file has been moved from Ottawa to Sydney (don't know if it's a good sign) but this is so frustrating it's just a plastic card that I am waiting for. It is so ridiculous.

Reactions: PQPvancouver

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Anyone leave the country and come back on a PRTD? Looking to leave due to family healthy issues and come back on that but curious if it is easy to get and won't cause any issues.

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi all. The last update on my ECAS says

You entered Canada at the Pearson,Lester B.,Terminal No.3, Airport office on October 28, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.​

Nothing after that. If anyone else is waiting for their first card after entering as a PR, what are supposed to be the next updates?

KiriMiri

Jan 4, 2022
  • Anyone leave the country and come back on a PRTD? Looking to leave due to family healthy issues and come back on that but curious if it is easy to get and won't cause any issues.
    I guess it depends what country you re from. My PR card expired for about 1 year before i came back to canada on a PRTD. I am from Germany. The PRTD application took about 2 weeks and has been uncomplicated. Also at the canadian airport border the officer didnt really look at it either. But again, it depends on where you come from. I could have also entered with my german passport only since german visitios are visa-exempt. I suggest to add to your post where you re from an check out your responsible VAC office in your homecountry that issues the PRTDs

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017

• I guess it depends what country you re from. My PR card expired for about 1 year before i came back to canada on a PRTD. I am from Germany. The PRTD application took about 2 weeks and has been uncomplicated. Also at the canadian airport border the officer didnt really look at it either. But again, it depends on where you come from. I could have also entered with my german passport only since german visitios are visa-exempt. I suggest to add to your post where you re from an check out your responsible VAC office in your homecountry that issues the PRTDs
If you are PR you must have your valid PR Card or PRTD.
Visa-exempt doesn’t play a role here and a PR is prevented and cannot apply for the Elecronic Travel Authorization.

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019

• I guess it depends what country you re from. My PR card expired for about 1 year before i came back to canada on a PRTD. I am from Germany. The PRTD application took about 2 weeks and has been uncomplicated. Also at the canadian airport border the officer didnt really look at it either. But again, it depends on where you come from. I could have also entered with my german passport only since german visitios are visa-exempt. I suggest to add to your post where you re from an check out your responsible VAC office in your homecountry that issues the PRTDs

The visa office is in Jeddah from dealing with them in the past it was not to difficult. The paperwork sounds straight forward but just worried about issues and delays. I mean I am in month 7 just waiting on my PR card. My faith in the system is low.

JoanneB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
Card received January 28. Thank you to everyone who posted their timelines, you guys kept my anxiety at bay knowing my processing time is at par with most people who sent around the same time! Cheers!
Congratulations. I just don't understand it though - ours was received 3 months before yours and we are still "in process" with no indication of it being ready any time soon. Wish I knew what their process was and how to expedite cards that are 'stuck' somehow.

Vignesh1985

Nov 10, 2014
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 24, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 22, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 22, 2021.
It still shows "In Process" in eCAS site for me and "Decision Made" for my wife. We sent the applications together in a single envelope. How much time does it usually take from 'In Process' to 'Decision Made'?
Latest Update:
Permanent Resident Card

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 24, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 22, 2021.
  4. Status Changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made" on January 25, 2022. No emails yet. Waiting for next update.

sirliujin

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Latest Update:
Permanent Resident Card

4. Status Changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made" on January 25, 2022. No emails yet. Waiting for next update.
Your wife's application is in DM for 1 months, no PR card mail out?

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022

Hi is this the status you see in ECAS?

KiriMiri

Jan 4, 2022
Entire Timeline
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 21, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 23, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 23, 2021. (decision made same day)
  4. We mailed your card on 25th January.
- Card received 31st January in mailbox (Montreal)