PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
My father's application for renewal of his PR Card was sent back to me because the print of his passport biodata page was not clear enough. They requested a better print and instructed me to include the letter sent to me as part of my package sent back to them.
Does anybody know if this will put us back at the end of the line or not? Do we have to wait another three months for them to open our package and send us the AOR?
Thanks.

KiriMiri

Jan 4, 2022
Hi
No, I have not received it, more than 4 weeks now since it was mailed. I did get a confirmation from IRCC (both by phone and by email as a response to webform request) about the address where it was sent to - so I am quite sure I am monitoring the right mailbox...
I called Canada Post to see if there is any specific problem with letter mails arriving to BC around this time, and they said there are general delays, but nothing specific. To my question when is the cut off time that I should consider the mail is lost rather than delayed, they said wait one more week (I asked 2 days ago...).
6 weeks after your card has been mailed counts as delay time. Funny enough that i have never resided in a country before where national regular letters take up to 6 weeks to arrive. Funky.

skidmarkz

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
CIVIL ENGINEER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
Got news today, Jan/27/2022

This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2021/12/03.

Rendezvous70

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/12/2014
Doc's Request.
DD encashed - 14/02/2015
Nomination.....
08/03/2015
AOR Received.
15/04/2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the file
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 / TLU - 06/06/2015
Interview........
DM Update - 01/08/2015
Passport Req..
07/08/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/08/2015
LANDED..........
April 2016
Hello,

I have sent the PR renewal application by regular Canada Post on Jan 12. Can anyone advise how much time they take to send the AOR.

Thank you.

Deenanath

Jan 18, 2022
Do you have any other applications like citizenship in process at the moment? I have read in previous posts that this can cause issues in monitoring GC Key several applications at the same time. Other than that…i am not sure. Anybody to help out here?
No other applications just PR renewal.
One more thing my application is in process since 11 December do you think it's normal ?

PestoStar

Dec 17, 2021
Ours received August 6. Started processing November 8 and no movement since then. Brace yourself for a possible long haul, but cross your fingers that yours is one of the ones that moves through quickly!
Welp, one somewhat disappointing data point here: my renewal app was delivered in late August, went "in process" in mid-november (never changed to DM). I was then recently asked for the Full Monty of entry-exit records from all countries I've lived in, passport photocopies, etc.
I'm guessing they suspect non-compliance with RO. I applied with a bit more than 750days back then, with the number of days only increasing since then (a bit more than 900 now). I did however go out of compliance by about 2-3 weeks before "recovering" those days prior to applying.
I know my RO math is correct, so I should be ok from that perspective. It's just the additional delays and the literal burden of proof that are disappointing. Oh well.

It's quite possible your case is different obviously, esp. if you haven't heard from them yet. I'm just sharing mine FWIW. I see someone else recently starting a thread about a similar request they got for their entry-exit records. Maybe the practice is picking up, or maybe it's just the same agent being super diligent.

JoanneB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
Welp, one somewhat disappointing data point here: my renewal app was delivered in late August, went "in process" in mid-november (never changed to DM). I was then recently asked for the Full Monty of entry-exit records from all countries I've lived in, passport photocopies, etc.
I'm guessing they suspect non-compliance with RO. I applied with a bit more than 750days back then, with the number of days only increasing since then (a bit more than 900 now). I did however go out of compliance by about 2-3 weeks before "recovering" those days prior to applying.
I know my RO math is correct, so I should be ok from that perspective. It's just the additional delays and the literal burden of proof that are disappointing. Oh well.

It's quite possible your case is different obviously, esp. if you haven't heard from them yet. I'm just sharing mine FWIW. I see someone else recently starting a thread about a similar request they got for their entry-exit records. Maybe the practice is picking up, or maybe it's just the same agent being super diligent.
Thanks for sharing. I sure hope that ours is just stuck in the queue. It would be a pain to go back and recalculate days out of Canada - though ours are not even close to the maximum allowed. I (stupidly) didn't realize we needed to keep track, so needed to go back over photos of vacations to figure out the days we were gone. I might have messed up a couple of exit and entry dates and have been wondering if that is what the holdup is (as it would not match their border records?). Seeing the total number is less than 100 for the entire 5 years, I wouldn't imagine this would be a problem. I'll check the other thread as well. It would be nice to hear from them - when we called they said "all requirements have been met". Just not sure what the delay is then. We will just wait patiently. Maybe start on our next renewal so we get that card in time. lol

Reactions: PestoStar

skidmarkz

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
CIVIL ENGINEER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
My recent update
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 3, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 27, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 27, 2022.

sirliujin

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
My recent update
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 3, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 27, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 27, 2022.
Can you check the status of ECAS?

thrissookkaran

Star Member
Dec 9, 2015
My recent update
1. application received on December 2
2. AOR Jan 27
3. ECAS status- decision made

We applied for 4 people in the family and got updates only for 3 people. For fourth person, nothing on ECAS and no AOR so far.

benq

Star Member
Dec 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My timeline is:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 3, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 14, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 14, 2022.
ECAS is DM since Jan 14th. kind of worried about whether they approve of not.

One question, in the application form i put my current mailing address, however, i realized my mailing address on ECAS is my former address and got it changed online three days ago, but today still dosent change to my current address. Does the card go to the address on ECAS of my application package?

sirliujin

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
My recent update
1. application received on December 2
2. AOR Jan 27
3. ECAS status- decision made

We applied for 4 people in the family and got updates only for 3 people. For fourth person, nothing on ECAS and no AOR so far.
I have the same situation as you. 3 in my family got AORs and then DMs, only 1 got AOR but then left in process on ECAS.

Reactions: thrissookkaran