+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Sania01

Oct 31, 2021
I have not fully understood that as well. There is ECAS and then there is MYCIC where you can link your application. ECAS says Decision made and MYCIC says its under rewiew and in progress. A bit confusing.
How I link mycic with the application, can you share the link of mycic account so I can also link see the status, I talked on phone and as per him, my card is in production, however I can not give any time line and when I inquire that the other applications and even my family application got approved and production only took not more than 2 days, the response was call us in two weeks if u didn’t get the card.

surprised why some card took so much in production and if it really in production. Do the delayed cards have some special material or chip.

ffaragrizk

Jan 1, 2022
How I link mycic with the application, can you share the link of mycic account so I can also link see the status, I talked on phone and as per him, my card is in production, however I can not give any time line and when I inquire that the other applications and even my family application got approved and production only took not more than 2 days, the response was call us in two weeks if u didn’t get the card.

surprised why some card took so much in production and if it really in production. Do the delayed cards have some special material or chip.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

JoanneB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
Hi Guys,
Am applying for card renewal this week. My card is expiring in July 2022. Can I go outside Canada in March and return a week before expiry? would there be any problem boarding an incoming flight if my card is still valid but expiring in 1 week?
It shouldn't be a problem, though I don't know for sure. I'd advise to travel back with the receipt showing you have applied for your renewal.

CECInlandCA

Dec 19, 2018
Hi All,

Sharing my PR Renewal (Actually I added my Last Name to my PR card) timelines -

Permanent Resident Card

Application sent via Postal on Sep 27,2021.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 5, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 13, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 13, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 6, 2022.
Now waiting for PR card on my mail box.

Reactions: PQPvancouver

Mum2Can

Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
Hi, I have not raised a web form for changes on CoPR since I don't feel the need to. As far as the name is changed on the PR Card and existing passport we should be good I feel and IRCC will by now know about the name change and there should be no problem while applying for citizenship. I was also able to travel to the USA and return back to Canada by road with the new name on the passport and old name on the PR Card.

I am not an expert but I believe in name change cases (only in name change due to marriage) we should be okay as far as we have documents that can link our old name to our new. Once your wife eventually has the Canadian passport with the new name, then you shouldn't need anything more - but you can still go ahead and have it changed on the CoPR as well if you wish and if you feel it is needed.

My application is still in process, I will let you and the group know once I have an update. Here is my timeline for reference:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 15, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 6, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 6, 2021.
Thanks for detailed response.

Today, we have tried to update DL and OHIP with passport and marriage certificate but funny part is that, they can update only last name for my wife but not a middle name and last name. as per officer, I need to get official legal name change certificate. looks like that is option I need to follow. Is that case with you or you have updated only last name?

Reactions: SRK1992

mcgz

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
hey guys, anybody who had their application return, how long after resending it you got the AOR?

delhiboyin

Jul 23, 2014
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 25, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 5, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 5, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 8, 2022.

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
When you go on ecas, you click on decision made and then you see all the steps. If you scroll down under those steps they are offering you to explain the individual steps. There in “Decision made” section it mentions the 4 weeks
Just checked my GC key. I can see below update:

A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
Latest update:
Final decision - January 11, 2022:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

In below message, it is mentioned that - We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive

No update in ECAS yet for card mailed, probably it will be updated tomorrow.

But one thing, I noticed in the Document Status section in GC key, Under Travel Document column my old passport number (which is expired) is mentioned. However, I have sent copies of new renewed passport while submitting my PR card renewal application. Will this be ok or need to be corrected ?

Reactions: KiriMiri

KiriMiri

Jan 4, 2022

Latest update:
Final decision - January 11, 2022:Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

In below message, it is mentioned that - We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive

But one thing, I noticed in the Document Status section in GC key, Under Travel Document column my old passport number (which is expired) is mentioned. However, I have sent copies of new renewed passport while submitting my PR card renewal application. Will this be ok or need to be corrected ?
Congrats!!!!!

KiriMiri

Jan 4, 2022

Latest update:

About your old passport number i would send them a case specific inquiry. It doesnt affect your pyhsical PR Card though. At least on mine there is no passport number written.