+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

KiriMiri

Jan 4, 2022
Any news for PR card delivery ? For me- they started processing on 15 Dec 2021. ECAS is Decision made.
God knows, when they will mail PR card and I will get it. Travel planned in last week of Jan.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 13, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 15, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 15, 2021.
Hi there! I am still waiting too. I think i am in for a long haul. Even though ECAS says Decision Made since 23rd December, i dont think it means something important. I have made 8 vacations in the past 5 years and i was in my homecountry for a longer time because while i was there COVID started and the planes were grounded. Though i did not exceed the 1095 days. I am quite sure, in cases like this there is not only one officer working on your file so it sits in a queue somewhere that a 2nd officer reviews the application a second time.

Sania01

Oct 31, 2021
What do you see on your CIC account ?
Mine is showing “Submitted” and details showing:
“We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements”
Where I can see this status as mine is showing decision made and when I click on it, it just show three line stats that we start processing your application on ……

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Hi there! I am still waiting too. I think i am in for a long haul. Even though ECAS says Decision Made since 23rd December, i dont think it means something important. I have made 8 vacations in the past 5 years and i was in my homecountry for a longer time because while i was there COVID started and the planes were grounded. Though i did not exceed the 1095 days. I am quite sure, in cases like this there is not only one officer working on your file so it sits in a queue somewhere that a 2nd officer reviews the application a second time.
For me, I was out of Canada for 985 days in last 5 years because of this I am also getting worried, not sure if this will pose a problem or is it fine ?
Also, whenever I had a chat with agent, got same update every-time as below:
Everything looks good and approved, passed- forms, photos etc... The card is sent to production as per the update. No timelines he can give for card to be mailed out as queue & backlog is long. They dint mention any of that sort, that second officer will be reviewing or so.
Keeping fingers crossed, let's see by when we get the card !!!! Majority of people got card mailed update in ECAS in max 4-5 days.:(:(

KiriMiri

Jan 4, 2022
For me, I was out of Canada for 985 days in last 5 years because of this I am also getting worried, not sure if this will pose a problem or is it fine ?
Also, whenever I had a chat with agent, got same update every-time as below:
Everything looks good and approved, passed- forms, photos etc... The card is sent to production as per the update. No timelines he can give for card to be mailed out as queue & backlog is long. They dint mention any of that sort, that second officer will be reviewing or so.
Keeping fingers crossed, let's see by when we get the card !!!! Majority of people got card mailed update in ECAS in max 4-5 days.:(:(
Our cases are pretty similar except of maybe the country we come from. I am sure it will not cause any problems since we have met the eligibility. However, i am sure they just have to collect more information based on the data we have provided. (Like entry dates into the country etc). The call center agents are not officers so i doubt they have more reliable informations than we do. Thats why i dont call there. Lol. It always has been a terrible wait. I remember my initial PR application took around 2 years!!! We ll stay patient and positive.

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Our cases are pretty similar except of maybe the country we come from. I am sure it will not cause any problems since we have met the eligibility. However, i am sure they just have to collect more information based on the data we have provided. (Like entry dates into the country etc). The call center agents are not officers so i doubt they have more reliable informations than we do. Thats why i dont call there. Lol. It always has been a terrible wait. I remember my initial PR application took around 2 years!!! We ll stay patient and positive.
Yes, keeping fingers crossed and soon we will hear some good news!!! Not sure how we will get that information, where is our application ?
If they have to still do these type of checks, then why the ECAS is decision made. I am not sure, how IRCC works ...
My only worry is that as well, they don't forget our applications and things shouldn't fell in between....

avanipatil

Dec 11, 2016
Hi Guys,
Am applying for card renewal this week. My card is expiring in July 2022. Can I go outside Canada in March and return a week before expiry? would there be any problem boarding an incoming flight if my card is still valid but expiring in 1 week?

KiriMiri

Jan 4, 2022
Yes, keeping fingers crossed and soon we will hear some good news!!! Not sure how we will get that information, where is our application ?
If they have to still do these type of checks, then why the ECAS is decision made. I am not sure, how IRCC works ...
My only worry is that as well, they don't forget our applications and things shouldn't fell in between....
Yes i know i havent figured that one out yet. Lol. Only thing i know is that they say GC Key is most up to date and on this portal mine is still in progress and reviewing eligibility. On ECAS it is mentioned within 4 weeks after decision made so for you next week if its correct. I ll keep you updated but i am sure you ll hear from them next week.

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Yes i know i havent figured that one out yet. Lol. Only thing i know is that they say GC Key is most up to date and on this portal mine is still in progress and reviewing eligibility. On ECAS it is mentioned within 4 weeks after decision made so for you next week if its correct. I ll keep you updated but i am sure you ll hear from them next week.
My GC key status is also same as yours- In progress and reviewing eligibility
Can you please suggest what do you mean by this ? - "On ECAS it is mentioned within 4 weeks after decision made " Will I get after 4 weeks-PR card & i,e, for sure ?
I dint get this on ECAS anywhere , can you please suggest where to see this ?

KiriMiri

Jan 4, 2022
When you go on ecas, you click on decision made and then you see all the steps. If you scroll down under those steps they are offering you to explain the individual steps. There in “Decision made” section it mentions the 4 weeks

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
When you go on ecas, you click on decision made and then you see all the steps. If you scroll down under those steps they are offering you to explain the individual steps. There in “Decision made” section it mentions the 4 weeks
For me, the updates are getting reflected as below. Not getting line where it mentions for 4 weeks. Can you please share screenshot where you see ?

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 13, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 15, 2021.
The following tables will help you understand the status of your application.

Report a problem or mistake on this page

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
For me, the updates are getting reflected as below. Not getting line where it mentions for 4 weeks. Can you please share screenshot where you see ?

Permanent Resident Card
The following tables will help you understand the status of your application.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Got it where it mentioned ...

Status of your applicationExplanation
IN
PROCESS

(A decision has not been made yet.)
Application Received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt.
Documentation Verified by IRCC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.
An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.
DECISION MADE
(A decision has been made at this point.)
Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. You will be informed of the decision.
If your application is approved, you will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the IRCC office closest to you.
If your application is rejected, you will be notified of the decision by mail.
COMPLETE
(Your application is considered closed.)
Permanent Resident Card Issued
If your application was approved, you have received your permanent resident card.
Application Withdrawn
You may withdraw your application before we start processing it. We do not offer refunds for applications once processing has started.
Application Abandoned
Your application is considered abandoned if we do not receive the additional information we require within 180 days, in order to process your application. You will need to submit a new application.
Card Cancelled
Your permanent resident card will be cancelled if you do not pick it up within 180 days of receiving your first notice. You will need to submit a new application.

KKS123@

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Anyone has the idea, in what circumstances or scenarios they call you to collect the PR Card in person at IRCC office? Do we have any of those specific scenarios?

SRK1992

Jul 12, 2018
Thanks Lizer and SRK1992 for your prompt response.

Let me try with updating DL and OHIP card with new name and then send new DL and OHIP card copy to IRCC.

@SRK1992: Have you raised web form to update new name on CoPR document to have it for future reference of Citizenship or PR renewal application or IRCC will update once they are approves PR name change application? Let me know if your application approves.

Hi, I have not raised a web form for changes on CoPR since I don't feel the need to. As far as the name is changed on the PR Card and existing passport we should be good I feel and IRCC will by now know about the name change and there should be no problem while applying for citizenship. I was also able to travel to the USA and return back to Canada by road with the new name on the passport and old name on the PR Card.

I am not an expert but I believe in name change cases (only in name change due to marriage) we should be okay as far as we have documents that can link our old name to our new. Once your wife eventually has the Canadian passport with the new name, then you shouldn't need anything more - but you can still go ahead and have it changed on the CoPR as well if you wish and if you feel it is needed.

My application is still in process, I will let you and the group know once I have an update. Here is my timeline for reference:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 15, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 6, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 6, 2021.

Reactions: Mum2Can

praxico

Dec 4, 2021
Status for all 4 of our applications updated last week from Decision Made to Complete.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 14, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 25, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 25, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 6, 2022.
For my son and daughter the status updated a day earlier i.e. on January 5th.

Good luck all.

ffaragrizk

Jan 1, 2022