+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Shoukat Halani

Star Member
Sep 6, 2014
My Son’s PR card is not received as yet. I applied under URGENT PROCESSING. My wife’s and my PR card have already been received one week ago. I applied for all three cards at the same. My Son's ECAS is showing in Process. I have to travel due to Family Medical Issues. Kindly share your opinion.

Kalpana Nagan

Jun 4, 2019
We got COPR on 17th July. Mine and my kid's PR card approved and arrived on 4th Aug. But my spouse card is neither approved not rejected. Its been 4 months. Unable to reach to the agents, raised Web forms, no response from them. PR card shows `Submitted` status. Any idea what can be done? any one else facing similar issue

yong1890

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Hi Yong

Did you check your status in ECAS? I got my AOR but since my ECAS is linked to my citizenship application status I cant see my PR card renewal . I got my AR today ( Nov 15th )
Yes, that is what I see from ECAS. The status on ECAS is DM, but I don't see if it's approved

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Hey guys

Has anyone on this group had their citizenship file decision made ( waiting for oath), also sent their PR card for renewal with an AOR received. Did anything in ECAS change to reflect the PR card renewal?

wwykaren

Nov 16, 2021
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 24, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 2, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on October 2, 2021.
  4. Status changed to DM on Nov 2, 2021.
Status is DM but I still haven't heard back. Is there a chance that I'll have to pick this up at a local office?

Nov 11, 2015
My status was finally changed to Complete as of this morning!

The weird thing is that it still doesn't show that they sent me an AOR back in October, no information on when they started processing my application. I only have the following two lines:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 17, 2021.
  2. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 15, 2021.

I'll still take it though :)

February2016

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
Hey guys

Has anyone on this group had their citizenship file decision made ( waiting for oath), also sent their PR card for renewal with an AOR received. Did anything in ECAS change to reflect the PR card renewal?
I have both :) my citizenship and my PR card are both showing decision made.

webmaster

Oct 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
Nomination.....
10-11-2013
AOR Received.
19-12-2013
Med's Request
19-12-2013
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
Here is time line for me and my wife

We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 17, 2021.
  1. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 13, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on November 13, 2021.

Reactions: mcgz and JimSharp

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Happy to see IRCC sending AOR's to mid Aug applicants.

I have applied for PR renewal on Sept 12th. Hoping to get AOR this year.

All the best for everyone....

RtreePam

Oct 5, 2021
how much approximately would it take for a local office to contact us for an interview? i’ve been in decision made since August 20 2021

That wasn't helpful. When was you AOR received? If your decision made and AOR happened less than a week ago, it means your application has been approved, and your card went to production/printing. When they mail your card, they will add that in your file. If your DM was 40+ days ago, it probably means they send your card to the local office, and you need to pick it up in person when they give you an appointment. That's why I asked when you got your DM. Saying it's the same day as AOR provided no useful information to make a useful response to your case.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
how much approximately would it take for a local office to contact us for an interview? i’ve been in decision made since August 20 2021
It varies. The longest I saw was 18 months which was in the midst of the pandemic, but I doubt it will take this long these days. I would say a few months, 3 or 4.

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
By way of an update. Our local MP got in touch with IRCC and they have confirmed to her that both my wife and our PR cards are approved and sent to production. I don't see anything in ECAS till now but they assured her that cards will be dispatched shortly