+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
Hi, do u have a straightforward application with no travel histories for the past 5 yrs? Thanks

Late reply, I have an extensive travel history (almost travel every other month overseas) over the last few years but I am way over my RO days

Applied from Ontario

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
It was 10 days, but I applied for urgent processing that I believe got approved since my application got received on November 5th, AOR November 5th and DM November 15th.

Thank you

Our ECAS just got updated with DM for PR card renewal and based on our MPs discussion with IRCC card has been sent for production.

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Toronto here!!! I applied 14th of July, starting processing Oct 21st, no news since. Called MP they said card has been processed. This has been more than a week . Flying early December.
Try calling IRCC and asking them nicely if the card has been dispatched ... I think you should get it before your tavels

Reactions: catiaf

Lar

Sep 12, 2017
I would recommend two options

1. Send another application package
2. Send a web form to IRCC stating the error and the correction. Call them up and ask if they have received it and is there anything else you need to do

Get some more inputs from other folks on this channel just to make sure everything is good
Thank you for this advice. It is actually difficult to get a hold of IRCC on phone in recent times. I will send them a web form after I receive the AOR email.

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Hey Lar,

I was able to reach them 2 days back in the afternoon by 1:30 P.M ( Toronto time) .. keep trying for some time.. but also send them the web form before you receive the AOR. I think AOR is sent after they review your file for completion so its recommended you send the webform before they open your package

JJAiden

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hi,

No update on my spouse PR card - sent to production on October 16, 2021.

Contacted MP and reply was :

"IRCC encountered a technical issue which caused the delay. No action is required on your part. Once it has been resolved, it will be printed and mailed out"

Not sure about what issue they are talking? I received my PR card on November 10, 2021. Both of our cards sent to Production on October 16, 2021 - same day :(

titans8289

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
What is the number and extension to call IRCC?

1-888-242-2100 - I don't know the extension just listen to the options they say ..they will talk about the afghan thing for some time and then have you transferred over . I had to wait 13mins to speak to an agent

This is what i found on google not sure of the authenticity though : Navigate through the options by pressing 3 and then 4, and then 0 to speak to an agent directly

yeet_daddy

Nov 17, 2021
Hi!

So on Nov 16 I was notified that my PR card (renewal) has been mailed and it can take up to 6 weeks(!) for me to receive it by mail.

I'm in BC... Anyone here from BC (or any other province) who can share how long it took for their PR card to arrive in the mail from the day of notification?

Thanks!

Last edited:

deeprai08

Nov 14, 2021
Hi!

So today (Nov 17) I was notified that my PR card (renewal) has been mailed and it can take up to 6 weeks(!) for me to receive it by mail.

I'm in BC... Anyone here from BC (or any other province) who can share how long it took for their PR card to arrive in the mail from the day of notification?

Thanks!
Can you post your full time line ( when IRCC received , when AOR sent )

yeet_daddy

Nov 17, 2021
Can you post your full time line ( when IRCC received , when AOR sent )
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 13, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 19, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on October 19, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 16, 2021.

deeprai08

Nov 14, 2021
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 13, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 19, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on October 19, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 16, 2021.
it was renewal ??