+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Finally, I got an update on my application, I am still waiting for my card to arrive.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 26, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 19, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on August 19, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 9, 2021.
Good for you! Did you find this information in your ECAS account or GC key?

Last edited:

adi92

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Hi, we (myself, spouse, and child) softlanded from the US in September and had our PR cards applied. I saw a ghost update on all 3 PR card apps mid last week and had mine & spouse's PR card app status showing as approved/mailed early this week, but child's app is still showing as Submitted. Is that usual that not all family members get approved at the same time, or did they miss processing something? Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!
Hey we have a similar timeline, which border did u entire via? we landed on sept 26, no updates yet

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Well, let's see how true this is:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 13, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 8, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 8, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 10, 2021.

gsac13

Sep 7, 2021
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 13, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 8, 2021.
Wow that’s fast. Mine has been stuck on decision made since October 29th, 2021.

Reactions: Elchinec

JimSharp

Oct 4, 2016
Wow - you got the express lane! nice.

Reactions: Elchinec

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Anyone know the escalation path if your are beyond your timeframe for your initial PR card once landed. First landed it was 62 days but since then there have been no updates nor can I get an update. Any webform contact falls on deaf ears. They just send me the generic Afghanistan reply. Starting to get upset that no one is help to help or answer any questions. I guess contacting the MP is the only option in getting answers.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Anyone know the escalation path if your are beyond your timeframe for your initial PR card once landed. First landed it was 62 days but since then there have been no updates nor can I get an update. Any webform contact falls on deaf ears. They just send me the generic Afghanistan reply. Starting to get upset that no one is help to help or answer any questions. I guess contacting the MP is the only option in getting answers.
Are you hoping to escalate with IRCC? IRCC is God in Canada. Unless you drag them to the Federal court, no one can intervene for you and influence them. Even a judge in your case won't decide in your favor. Unless it has been years, your best bet is to wait. Are you saying you landed 62 days ago? These days new cards take 4+ months, the same as renewed cards. They update the processing times weekly on their website.

Macot73

Apr 15, 2018
Hi
I got my ECORP on November 5 and send photo and mailing adress for PR card November 6 .
Do you know the process time for PR card ?
( not renewal, first one )
Thank you

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Are you hoping to escalate with IRCC? IRCC is God in Canada. Unless you drag them to the Federal court, no one can intervene for you and influence them. Even a judge in your case won't decide in your favor. Unless it has been years, your best bet is to wait. Are you saying you landed 62 days ago? These days new cards take 4+ months, the same as renewed cards. They update the processing times weekly on their website.
It's been past 4 months now. When I first landed the timeframe for initial PR card was 62 days on the website for processing time but we have gone beyond that timeframe. Just wish I could get an actual update instead of generic replies when I email IRCC.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
There is a thing called Mandamus Act (Mandamus translated from Latin as "We Command", when higher authority you appeal to commands lower authority to discharge its duty) , but it's highly unlikely you can use it to get an initial PR card. People wait for their citizenship decisions for years, and just waiting for issuance of an initial card past 60 days, that doesn't even deal with eligibility issues, will hardly make a compelling case in Federal judiciary. And nothing short of bringing a lawsuit in Federal Court may move them, but you can try contacting your MP or try other (probably just as useless) ways to prompt them to respond.