CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hi,

we, married couple,

- sent the PR renewal application on 15th Oct
- according to Canada Post it was delivered on 18th Oct
- our cards expire beginning July 2022.

a) hope the timeline will be sufficient to complete the process successfully before July 2022
b) hope the citizenship application of my spouse (September 2019 applicant) will be finalized anytime soon and so not requiring the PR renewal (this is the backup option in case the application process is still going slow)

cheers

Tp

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
July 2014
File Transfer...
November 18, 2014
Med's Request
April18, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
Mar 21, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2016
Takes time. Some people who applied in 2020 got a pick-up invite 1-1.5 years later.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-in-person-pick-up.721464/page-5
Wow that’s crazy to take 1 year to get called for pickup! I was thinking it’s easier to pickup from local office but guess not, it’s clear CIC offices are very unorganized. COVID is just a good excuse for them to not work!!! Everyone has found a way to workaround during COVID - be it remote work, but CIC seems to be the one who has still not figured out how to manage things during COVID

Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Wow that’s crazy to take 1 year to get called for pickup! I was thinking it’s easier to pickup from local office but guess not, it’s clear CIC offices are very unorganized. COVID is just a good excuse for them to not work!!! Everyone has found a way to workaround during COVID - be it remote work, but CIC seems to be the one who has still not figured out how to manage things during COVID
Bingo. That's it. IRCC has used covid-19 as an excuse only to accomplish their internal affairs in away that they don't come under fire. They try to filter immigrants and push away those who don't fit their view of abandoning their life everywhere else, and be only in Canada the entire time.

Last edited:

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi,

we, married couple,

- sent the PR renewal application on 15th Oct
- according to Canada Post it was delivered on 18th Oct
- our cards expire beginning July 2022.

a) hope the timeline will be sufficient to complete the process successfully before July 2022
b) hope the citizenship application of my spouse (September 2019 applicant) will be finalized anytime soon and so not requiring the PR renewal (this is the backup option in case the application process is still going slow)

cheers
Expiry of your cards means nothing when you are in compliance of RO. Good luck with your process for citizenship! April 2019 applicant here just finished oaths 5 months ago. So I’m assuming yours wouldn’t be too long.

angelangel

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hi, I received an update on my online application status check that- PR Card Decision made and We sent you a letter on 29 September 2021. It's 19th October and I have still not received my PR card.

What should I do?

F Siddiqui

Oct 19, 2021
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 28, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 12, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on October 12, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 18, 2021.
I never left Canada after landing almost 5 years ago and it was a renewal

Reactions: bluesami

Doctor egypt

Jun 9, 2015
Hello we sent pr card renewal application for my wife and kid received on june 14. AOR for both sept 28. My wife dm next day and got the pr after a week. My kid still in process till now.Is this normal and what should i do?

Hanataha

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Did u meet the Residency obligations?
yes, I stayed here for 6 months and 3 years accompanying my Canadian spouse in UAE. I submitted extra documents like translated copies of every page of our expired and recent passports for the last 5 years, including travel history between my home country and UAE. And tenancy agreement both in our names and other docs.

I had a lot of travel histories though. I got stuck with decision made. Hopefully my card will arrive soon. God's willing.

Hanataha

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
hi mine is same me stuck also DM SEP aor 14 sep today i call ircc they said just wait this that not usefull answer

i have to go back home very urgent my ticket is 27 oct2021 today i send them throw webform i dont know i receive pr card due to my travel date im so upset this is my second massage throw webform lets pray guys i will receive my pr card asap thanks
hopefully u will get it this week.

qawsed222

Mar 4, 2015
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 28, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 12, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on October 12, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on October 18, 2021.
I never left Canada after landing almost 5 years ago and it was a renewal
congrats which province do you live in?

qawsed222

Mar 4, 2015
Received on June 28. The application got returned today (Oct 19) due to question 21 (travel history) is missing.....

I thought if I authorize IRCC to access the data from border services I could leave the travel history blank??

Must I complete that?