+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

cocoduro

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Update to my file:

• Send documentation on May 27th
• Unsure when it reached CIC as my husband lost our tracking number
• Received e-mail earlier today indicating that IRCC received my application (AOR I take?)

Still unable to check status on the website

MapleLeaf18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2016
Passport Req..
25-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2016
Guys, here is my timeline for your reference:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 14, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 8, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 8, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 13, 2021.
Card received in Montreal September 15th.

The only thing I would like to mention - in my application I put my mailing address different from home address, but they still mailed it to my home address. Thankfully I have not changed apartments yet... So, if you are moving or so - try to get in touch with them and talk to an agent in CIC to ensure they got it correctly.

Good luck everyone!
Hello,

Congrats.

May I know did you get a "Decision Made" status update on your application before the PR card was sent?
Also, is #4 mentioned in the application status as it is, that they sent you the PR card by mail?

Thanks

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I applied for PR CARD renewal at beginning of Septemeber. Nothing yet from them. Is there any way to request urgent processing after I apply?

Thank you.
You are in for a long wait. Expect to receive it next year since December is the month of holidays. People who applied in May have started to receive their AOR now.

You can't request urgent processing for the file you sent since it's not open. If you have a good reason for the urgent processing, you would need to submit a new one with the proof (mere leisure traveling plans are not good reason), and write urgent processing on it.

laurinda

Sep 2, 2021
My timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 3, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 13, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 13, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 17, 2021.

Pharmcawy

Sep 13, 2015
My timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 3, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 13, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 13, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 17, 2021.
no decision made on ecas before sending card

K_11

Aug 23, 2014
Hi,

I'll be using a letter from my company noting they need me to have a valid pr status for my job in order to ask for urgent processing.

I am looking for advice on how to frame the letter showing proof of urgency. Is there anyone who has done something similar?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi,

I'll be using a letter from my company noting they need me to have a valid pr status for my job in order to ask for urgent processing.

I am looking for advice on how to frame the letter showing proof of urgency. Is there anyone who has done something similar?
The job is in Canada? You don't need a valid PR card inside Canada.

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Hi guys. If I sent application in September 9 and received AOR September 16 then it means they considered my urgent application and approved for urgent treatment? Thanks.

waleedkhan

Oct 29, 2015
Hello,
Application received 06 April,2021
Started processing: 20th July, 2021
Now it says Decision made but has no date on it.

We have not received any communication since then. It has been more than 165 days since receiving the application. Please give guidance.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello,
Application received 06 April,2021
Started processing: 20th July, 2021
Now it says Decision made but has no date on it.

We have not received any communication since then. It has been more than 165 days since the processing of the application. Please give guidance.
You are probably scheduled to pick it up from the nearest office. Contact them to confirm. You may need to contact the local office to take an appointment

Adammoy

Sep 1, 2021
Hello everyone,
Please find below my situation:
1- We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 27, 2021.
2- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 17, 2021.
3-We started processing your application on August 17, 2021
I have not received any communication since then. It has been more than 140 days since the processing of the application. I called them on September 6 and they informed me that my card in fabrication.
Please give guidance.

lostsyr

Feb 12, 2015
Hello everyone,
Please find below my situation:
1- We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 27, 2021.
2- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 17, 2021.
3-We started processing your application on August 17, 2021
I have not received any communication since then. It has been more than 140 days since the processing of the application. I called them on September 6 and they informed me that my card in fabrication.
Please give guidance.
Does it show in process or DM?