+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thanks for your reply, I have no issues with my physical presence I have only traveled once in the last 4 years, it's just that I see the applications after getting aor is very random for example my kids applications took one day for DM and on the other hand me and my spouse status are in process for a month now.
Hopefully it would change soon the whole process is very stressful and frustrating
I think you are good then. Maybe they just want to verify if you were actually here for the time period - nothing to concern about.

Reactions: mohamedmarzouk

uvsrsk

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
I just sent my wife & daughter's applications today for PR renewal, supposed to be delivered next week. How much time it is currently taking to process PR Renewals ? When I applied for my (self) PR card renewal in January, I got my replacement card in just around 70 days.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I just sent my wife & daughter's applications today for PR renewal, supposed to be delivered next week. How much time it is currently taking to process PR Renewals ? When I applied for my (self) PR card renewal in January, I got my replacement in just around 70 days.
Sorry to disappoint but based what people are reporting here and the current trend…. AOR can be expected by early to mid November..

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Sorry to disappoint but based what people are reporting here and the current trend…. AOR can be expected by early to mid November..
This delay is just absurd. Is there any security check for renewing PR cards? If there is, maybe it's what causes the delay :confused:

elman50205

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Thanks for your reply, I have no issues with my physical presence I have only traveled once in the last 4 years, it's just that I see the applications after getting aor is very random for example my kids applications took one day for DM and on the other hand me and my spouse status are in process for a month now.
Hopefully it would change soon the whole process is very stressful and frustrating
It took for me 22 days from in process to DM

Maximum I saw 32 days - it is mostly security check

Reactions: mohamedmarzouk

Emmzii28

Jul 7, 2021
I just checked your profile, wasnt it received on april 9 at the office
I wrote the date wrong, it was received on April 6, 2021 instead. I just checked my status online and it says Decision Made and the home address listed is correct, however it has the mailing address listed as my old address for some reason. I submitted a change of address request but now I am concerned it is being sent to the wrong place as it already says decision made. I tried to call the Contact Centre but the automated line said it was too busy and cut off my call without transferring me to an agent. I don't know what to do at this point, I've waited so long and now I might not even receive it at the correct address. Any ideas?

elman50205

Star Member
May 19, 2021
I wrote the date wrong, it was received on April 6, 2021 instead. I just checked my status online and it says Decision Made and the home address listed is correct, however it has the mailing address listed as my old address for some reason. I submitted a change of address request but now I am concerned it is being sent to the wrong place as it already says decision made. I tried to call the Contact Centre but the automated line said it was too busy and cut off my call without transferring me to an agent. I don't know what to do at this point, I've waited so long and now I might not even receive it at the correct address. Any ideas?
1st send a web form with the issue
2nd try to call them to report the issue

At the end if it goes to wrong address it will return back to them again - so at least they will see you have submitted a web form and made address change

And keep try to call them - also DM does
Not mean it is mailed - it took around 10 days for me to be mailed from DM - so you still have a chance - just keep try to call them

Emmzii28

Jul 7, 2021
1st send a web form with the issue
2nd try to call them to report the issue

At the end if it goes to wrong address it will return back to them again - so at least they will see you have submitted a web form and made address change

And keep try to call them - also DM does
Not mean it is mailed - it took around 10 days for me to be mailed from DM - so you still have a chance - just keep try to call them
Thank you, I have submitted a web-form as well as changed the address using the online service, fingers crossed it gets updated before they mail it out.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
This delay is just absurd. Is there any security check for renewing PR cards? If there is, maybe it's what causes the delay :confused:
There is no background checks for PR card renewal. For PRs the only thing matters is RO compliance. The delay we are seeing is mostly because of the backlog, and Sydney is probably extremely busy with all the new immigration files. But I expect that as things open up more things will move faster.

Reactions: CaBeaver

sukhimicrobio

Dec 3, 2014
Windsor
I requested for the uregent PR card renewal through online web form, got reply, as your application is not in process, we can not accept your request. And option is to resubmit the application under urgent renewal. I planned to resubmit it. I have one queetion regarding main application form. Do we neee to give PO box address along with residential address?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I requested for the uregent PR card renewal through online web form, got reply, as your application is not in process, we can not accept your request. And option is to resubmit the application under urgent renewal. I planned to resubmit it. I have one queetion regarding main application form. Do we neee to give PO box address along with residential address?
If your mailing address is the same as your residential address in Canada, then I don't think you need PO Box.

When did you submit your original application?

Reactions: sukhimicrobio