+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

USACanada

May 9, 2015
My application started "in progress" on May 2, now it has been 11 days. No further update.
My son applied at the same time, decision made like right away and card sent immediately.

How long does it take to process a case? Is still normal? Should I be worried? I have lots of travel but still I had 1325 days in Canada in the past years.

Reactions: luckyrefugee

leonbnu

Apr 18, 2021
My application started "in progress" on May 2, now it has been 11 days. No further update.
My son applied at the same time, decision made like right away and card sent immediately.

How long does it take to process a case? Is still normal? Should I be worried? I have lots of travel but still I had 1325 days in Canada in the past years.
I'm kinda in the same boat, received AOR on May 6, no updates since. it has well passed the 66 days they have on the website.
I feel like it depends on the officer, some officers are just slow at processing applications.

Roel 1992

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Do let me know if you are able to get through as I haven't been able to get to an agent through the helpline. Had to raise GCMS notes
Sure, but mine is still in process , its almost three months for being processing , i dnt know why they are taking too much time , i think there is some fishy ,

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Sure, but mine is still in process , its almost three months for being processing , i dnt know why they are taking too much time , i think there is some fishy ,
It is of course a possibility that IRCC does, indeed, perceive that something may be "fishy," and thus your PR card application could involve some non-routine processing. Typically the PR knows the facts and circumstances better than anyone else, so the PR is in the best position to know, as you suggest, what if anything is "fishy." That is, you are probably the one person who knows best what there might be about you or your situation that, again as you suggest, could be seen as "fishy."

That said, it is still a little early to jump to conclusions, too early to conclude that some IRCC processing agent has identified reasons to investigate you more extensively than routinely. It appears most PR card applications result in a Decision Made, and the issuance of a new PR card, attendant the opening and initial screening of the application, or relatively soon after that . . . but in the last year that can mean three to six weeks following AOR, and even this timeline has not been especially consistent given the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.

While IRCC's information about processing times for PR card applications refers to the time between date of application and date of Decision Made, that mostly depends on and varies with how long it takes from the receipt of the application to when the application is opened. That is, how long it takes to get AOR largely dictates what the timeline is, since again most PR card applications result in a Decision Made, and the issuance of a new PR card, attendant the opening and initial screening of the application, or relatively soon after that . . . currently within three to six weeks or thereabouts. IF and when a particular PR card application does not proceed to a Decision Made in this manner, that almost always means the application is subject to some sort of non-routine processing, and if this happens the publicized timeline for processing PR card applications means NOTHING.

If there is non-routine processing, the application can take from a few more weeks or months to a or so year more.

Bottom-line, nonetheless, is that for any PR who is settled and living in Canada, and in regards to the Residency Obligation is not cutting-it-close (that is, they have been in Canada more than 900 days within the relevant time period), there should generally be no reason to worry about the process . . . sure, sometimes some applications hit a bump along the way, encounter a short delay, perhaps some minor non-routine processing request, but again, as long as you are settled and living in Canada and otherwise know of no reason why your case is, again, "fishy," there should be no cause for concern.

Roel 1992

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
It is of course a possibility that IRCC does, indeed, perceive that something may be "fishy," and thus your PR card application could involve some non-routine processing. Typically the PR knows the facts and circumstances better than anyone else, so the PR is in the best position to know, as you suggest, what if anything is "fishy." That is, you are probably the one person who knows best what there might be about you or your situation that, again as you suggest, could be seen as "fishy."

That said, it is still a little early to jump to conclusions, too early to conclude that some IRCC processing agent has identified reasons to investigate you more extensively than routinely. It appears most PR card applications result in a Decision Made, and the issuance of a new PR card, attendant the opening and initial screening of the application, or relatively soon after that . . . but in the last year that can mean three to six weeks following AOR, and even this timeline has not been especially consistent given the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.

While IRCC's information about processing times for PR card applications refers to the time between date of application and date of Decision Made, that mostly depends on and varies with how long it takes from the receipt of the application to when the application is opened. That is, how long it takes to get AOR largely dictates what the timeline is, since again most PR card applications result in a Decision Made, and the issuance of a new PR card, attendant the opening and initial screening of the application, or relatively soon after that . . . currently within three to six weeks or thereabouts. IF and when a particular PR card application does not proceed to a Decision Made in this manner, that almost always means the application is subject to some sort of non-routine processing, and if this happens the publicized timeline for processing PR card applications means NOTHING.

If there is non-routine processing, the application can take from a few more weeks or months to a or so year more.

Bottom-line, nonetheless, is that for any PR who is settled and living in Canada, and in regards to the Residency Obligation is not cutting-it-close (that is, they have been in Canada more than 900 days within the relevant time period), there should generally be no reason to worry about the process . . . sure, sometimes some applications hit a bump along the way, encounter a short delay, perhaps some minor non-routine processing request, but again, as long as you are settled and living in Canada and otherwise know of no reason why your case is, again, "fishy," there should be no cause for concern.
The word FISHY i used because of that i lost my pr card or my card was stolen, thats y maybe they are investigating

mahrooya

May 3, 2021
Hi everone!

I'm getting so anxious because I sent my parents' applications for renewal on March 3rd(without tracking- I know :( ) and still haven't recieved any kind of AOR for neither of them. Also, since my grandmother now needs urgent surgery, I have also submitted Urgent processing and it was recieved on Friday May 14th. Still no AOR.

I want to know what could be the potential problem here. everyone seems to have gotten their AOR in or less than 66 days.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
PR Card renewal. ECAS now says 'Decision Made' . Timeline in signature.

USACanada

May 9, 2015

Update: my card sent today, 5/18.

Good luck to all applicants who are still waiting!

Roel 1992

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Is it possible that online status says still in process and u received your card in ur mail? Like delays in updating the online status ?