+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Oh I see.... I appreciate your attention.

It is almost impossible for me to reach them through the phone. =/

I am going to raise a webform, although I have just seen in the website they saying we must wait till the 6 weeks have passed to ask somethingo_O
they say 6 weeks for card to be received , precisely because of the situation I had. It takes up to 6 weeks time from card to be mailed out till it is returned to IRCC (this is my understanding though)

I would still suggest you call them up rather than a webform, reply to which will again take up to a month. best luck!

Reactions: Archavin89

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
I called the IRCC call centre when I did not receive my card even after 3-4 weeks of it being mailed out. I suggest you too give a call by this Friday if you dont receive it. Canada post anticipates a delivery time of 11 days from NS to BC for a normal lettermail
Do you know if they use the regular mail?

tkan7

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi,

I have a situation. Last Friday I submitted PR Card renewal application for myself and my wife through PR Portal. Today I see that for my application under "Reason for Return" it says "Photos are missing" and definitely I uploaded the front and back side of my photo. Now the application status is still "Submitted" and "Action" button is disabled. So, shall I create separate application again or should I try with paper application?

Any input is really appreciated.
I did submit my PR renewal application via online portal today and was returned immediately and the reason was that the photos were missing but in fact I had both front and back of the photos uploaded. And when I tried to edit the front photo, there I saw the comments from the reviewer, what the photo was lacking (poor focus, shadows etc.,). So instead of trying to upload the scan of physical photo, I went in and got a digital photograph from UPS and re-uploaded it. It’s been more than 6 hours now and as I did not see it returned, I am hoping that the initial review is successful and should soon receive the AOR.

In you case, I’d suggest you to see if you can edit your photo and once you do that, you should redo the consent and signature form again in order to resubmit your application.

G4L

Aug 8, 2017
I called the IRCC call centre number 2 weeks ago and they mentioned that my mom's PR renewal application has been approved and that the card is in the Kipling office. However, according to their system the card has been there for almost 1.5 months and the person I talked to wasn't sure why my mom hasn't received a notification to go pick up her card. The person on the phone sent out a message to the office and said there's not much she can do.

Do you guys know why the Kipling office hasn't sent out an email to go pick up the card? My mom's going on a 4 month trip back home on August 15th and I'm hoping she gets a card before then.

Also do you guys know any number or person I can call at the office to get an update?

KDSH

Dec 3, 2019
Hi,

Need some help and advice.
I did soft landing from USA on June 26, 2021.
Moved in to settle permanently on July 7th, 2022.

I used the online portal to apply for PR card since I didn't provide Canada address when we did soft landing.
I created a online portal profile for myself and submitted my application.
Then I created a separate profile on portal for my wife and submitted her.
These were done 1 week ago and are showing in submitted status online.

I then applied for my two children PR card application using my own portal login. Was this OK?
Very next day my daughters application had a status of Returned and reason was Wrong application.
My son's application was still in submitted status but under the reason for return it said, Photo missing and Payment missing. Which I am sure I did submit.

Next day i created seprate accounts for my kids and submitted their applications.
My son's application is in Submitted status so far. But for my daughter the status is "Submitted" but under the return reason it says missing photo.

What should I do at this time? I did submit my daughter's photo....will the status change OR should I submit a new application?

JCLERKINK

Jan 8, 2017
Hope this will help many others whose PR Card renewal is stuck at "Decision Made".

IRCC never replied to my webform inquiries, so I had my MP's office inquire on my behalf. (The process took about a week, but at least there was a reply from IRCC in the end):

- PR card renewal application sent on Dec 31, 2021.
- Received by IRCC on January 12, 2022.
- Error at the printing facility on March 04, 2022- there was an error when they went to print the card on this day. Unsure what the error was, but it was an issue on the facility's end, not the applicant (your) documents.

It goes without saying that I am not pleased by both IRCC and the printing facility letting my card processing sit in limbo for 3 months. And I imagine that if their printer had a bad day, there'll be many more applicants affected. So if you haven't gotten an update on your "Decision Made" status, I suggest you talk with your local MP's office too.
I just noticed that the status of my application has changed to "complete". So I suppose the PR card has been printed and is now in the mail to me. All this must have happened within the past 3 days, since my MP office's caseworker only sent the inquiry on Tuesday.

Hi,

Did you apply for the renewal via paper or online portal? Cheers

JCLERKINK

Jan 8, 2017
PR Card Renewal (Urgent Processing)

PR Card Application (Renewal) sent June 7, 2022 via courier.

ECAS:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 14, 2022.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 14, 2022.

We started processing your application on June 14, 2022.

Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on June 15, 2022.

Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on June 16, 2022.

Physically received card on June 21, 2022 (Today)

All in all, it took 14 days from the time I sent the application (via courier) to receiving the card in Vancouver, BC.

At least for this application, the government did their job and actually responded quickly. I thank the agent who processed my PR Card renewal this quickly. Whoever this agent is, she/he is a gem.

Wishing everyone a speedy processing of their applications as well.
Hi buddy,

How did you link your ECAS with your application (if renewal application is sent via paper)? Thanks

Rsquare

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Hi buddy,

How did you link your ECAS with your application (if renewal application is sent via paper)? Thanks
Hello, sorry for the delayed response. I did not do any linking or anything. I also sent my renewal via paper and when IRCC received it, the PR renewal application appeared automatically. I just used my UCI number and filled in the rest. In the ecas, i see both my PR renewal application and my Citizenship application.

Rsquare

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Congrats,, that was fast
how do you track your pr card with Ecas

i was able to link it with cic, but couldn’t find it on Ecas. When i use uci number i see my pr application and when i use application number for the pr card its says nothing found
Hello, sorry for the delayed response. May be others can answer this too, but I did not do any linking or anything. I just used my UCI number and filled in the rest (last name, birthdate etc). In the ecas, I see both my PR renewal application and my Citizenship application.

cec_hopeful

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Good morning , does anyone know how long it takes to get the card after pictures were requested. It's been 3 weeks since they received my registered post. This is for first PR card for which they asked us to send pictures again.