+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

ciscawy

Aug 23, 2017
I have send my pr card to renew on April 24th received on may 1st.
my question is will I get an email about AOR as i havent received it yet.
it took my family renewal applications a month for an AOR. so hang in there !

Last edited:

Akabir

Jan 24, 2019
Permanent Resident Card ( My dad's application )

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 22, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 11, 2022
  3. We started processing your application on January 11, 2022
  4. Decision made March 9, 2022

Still no card received and status is Decision made !!!
Same timeline as you. Decision made since Jan 11, 2022 but no update after that. Sent an inquiry too, response was still under processing without any reason. For my 16 yr old son.

• Wow
Reactions: bluesami

nuo

Oct 20, 2021
Hi all, I have a question.

My wife landed in YVR and became a PR on March 28th, it has been 2 months now and we haven't received her PR card.
When I tried to track her PR card application on GCKey, it says no record found, as of May 26th (today). Anyone thinks this is normal?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

My wife landed in YVR and became a PR on March 28th, it has been 2 months now and we haven't received her PR card.
When I tried to track her PR card application on GCKey, it says no record found, as of May 26th (today). Anyone thinks this is normal?
1. PR Card application is well within current timelines - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html , so need to wait.

2. When you try to link to GCKey, make sure place of birth is EXACTLY same as on Passport.

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
Landed April 7th, 2022.
First time COPR holder. First PR Card.
Ghost Update: May 20, 2022
Ghost Update 2: May 26, 2022
Current Status: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

Any idea generally how long it may take to deliver it to TORONTO? Any way to track the Canada Post letter?

ciscawy

Aug 23, 2017
Landed April 7th, 2022.
First time COPR holder. First PR Card.
Ghost Update: May 20, 2022
Ghost Update 2: May 26, 2022
Current Status: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

Any idea generally how long it may take to deliver it to TORONTO? Any way to track the Canada Post letter?
It should take 4 to 5 days max. expect it Tuesday or Wednesday .

Reactions: armaanwadhwa

ciscawy

Aug 23, 2017
Asking for a friend in a very weird situation :
She lost her PR card. she applied for a replacement PR card. The application is in DM and approved/send to production but no indication when IRCC going to send a new PR Card.
The funny thing that 2 weeks ago she found her PR card " which has an expiry date mid 2023" . A couple of days ago she decided to travel for an urgent trip outside Canada and going to spend a week or two abroad. she didn't destroy the PR when was found , she took it with her.

Now the questions are:
Can she board a plane back to Canada using her old PR card ?
Does the Airline check for PR card validity using any other info except the expiry date printed on the PR card ?
Assuming she was able to board a plan back to Canada , would she faces any issues during entering Canada?

Not an option for now :
Applying for PRTD as it will take a couple of weeks to be issued.
Entering Canada through the US with COPR.

VLpink

Mar 8, 2022

I faced similar issue with linking my application. I was not able to find my application, regardless how accurate I was entering my info. The issue was how IRCC interprets your place of birth, and in cases where you have country, province(or state), city as your official birth place - most probably you have to enter province instead of city while linking your application.

Here is example, let’s say you were born in USA, California, Los Angeles.

Try to enter California as your city of birth while linking application

agree that it makes little to no sense, but it worked for me

Reactions: SwatiB

VLpink

Mar 8, 2022
First time PR holder. Landed April 7, 2022. Today the portal status said "Application Updated", but there is no update/message/email.

Can anyone shed some light what does this mean?
I had the same update for my family members application. It can mean two things (both of them happened)
  1. you will receive note (either physical mail or email) that your photos do not meet requirements.
  2. Indeed you will receive approved status

rahul4797

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Nomination.....
10-06-2015
AOR Received.
11-20-2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable
Med's Request
May-31-2016
Med's Done....
June-06-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Here is the PR renewal timeline for me and my wife. Still waiting for my kid applied at the same time.
application applied: Sept-23-2021
Acknowledgment received: Dec-21-2021
Changed to decision made: Dec-21-2021
PR Card mailed: May-26-2022
PR Card received at home: May-30-2022

Reactions: bluesami

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
Here is the PR renewal timeline for me and my wife. Still waiting for my kid applied at the same time.
application applied: Sept-23-2021
Acknowledgment received: Dec-21-2021
Changed to decision made: Dec-21-2021
PR Card mailed: May-26-2022
PR Card received at home: May-30-2022
Did they tell you the reason for the delay?
Because my dad has the same situation!!

rahul4797

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Nomination.....
10-06-2015
AOR Received.
11-20-2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable
Med's Request
May-31-2016
Med's Done....
June-06-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

ganaa

Apr 19, 2022
DM since 15 march and today received an email letter- appointment that i need to visit they office in 24 June. Anyone have same situation? Do they will give new pr card or it is just interview ?Very sad i am out of country and need come back .