+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Akabir

Jan 24, 2019
Same timeline as you. Decision made since Jan 11, 2022 but no update after that. Sent an inquiry too, response was still under processing without any reason. For my 16 yr old son.
PR CARD got sent out on June 7, just got an update on gckey. Good luck to you as well.

JensH

Jun 8, 2022
Hope this will help many others whose PR Card renewal is stuck at "Decision Made".

IRCC never replied to my webform inquiries, so I had my MP's office inquire on my behalf. (The process took about a week, but at least there was a reply from IRCC in the end):

- PR card renewal application sent on Dec 31, 2021.
- Received by IRCC on January 12, 2022.
- Error at the printing facility on March 04, 2022- there was an error when they went to print the card on this day. Unsure what the error was, but it was an issue on the facility's end, not the applicant (your) documents.

It goes without saying that I am not pleased by both IRCC and the printing facility letting my card processing sit in limbo for 3 months. And I imagine that if their printer had a bad day, there'll be many more applicants affected. So if you haven't gotten an update on your "Decision Made" status, I suggest you talk with your local MP's office too.

Reactions: Acorn450

Akabir

Jan 24, 2019
Hope this will help many others whose PR Card renewal is stuck at "Decision Made".

IRCC never replied to my webform inquiries, so I had my MP's office inquire on my behalf. (The process took about a week, but at least there was a reply from IRCC in the end):

- Error at the printing facility on March 04, 2022- there was an error when they went to print the card on this day. Unsure what the error was, but it was an issue on the facility's end, not the applicant (your) documents.

It goes without saying that I am not pleased by both IRCC and the printing facility letting my card processing sit in limbo for 3 months. And I imagine that if their printer had a bad day, there'll be many more applicants affected. So if you haven't gotten an update on your "Decision Made" status, I suggest you talk with your local MP's office too.
My son's Pr card status is DM since Jan 11, 2022. Just got sent out on June 7 in the mail. October 2021 applicant here.

eagle117

Jan 11, 2022
Card mailed May 26, 2022, but haven't received it yet. Getting a bit worried. The address is in Toronto.
Following up, my PR card sent out on May 31, received on June 8, exactly the same timeline, GTA, Ontario, one week and one day to arrive. So the card is sent out from Nova Scotia,

Thank you for the information and accompany through this journey.

saurabh54

Star Member
Nov 16, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone, Greeting!

Would like to share my Thanks to this forum community, it has helped me at every step through my journey with CIC.

Very Recently After having a Approval for PRTD on H&C Grounds, i flew back to Toronto and renewed my PR Card, which yesterday got approved and shipped, Please find my timeline, it could be of some help to fellow applicants

Application sent using UPS on March19, 2022.
Ecas - GU to Decision Made on June 03, 2022 (No Email and No myCIC Update)
My CIC - Application approved and shipped - June 08, 2022(No Email)
Ecas - COMPLETE - June 09, 2022

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 21, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 1, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on April 1, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on June 8, 2022.
Physical Card not received yet but have got the document number for PR Card with validity (5Yr) through Mycic
Wish luck to applicants in some boat, i know it really get to toes, once its Decision Made in ECAS.

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022

Did they say which printing facility? My timeline is pretty similar- received Jan 10, stuck at DM since Feb 23. The only thing the IRCC agent could tell me was that my file was in Edmonton. Do they print the cards there?

pgpgwp

Nov 17, 2015
My PR card Renewal Timeline
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 15, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 12, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on April 12, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on June 8, 2022.
  5. Received card by mail on June 10, 2022. I live in Toronto.
In between, called the CIC customer care once on May 24th as it was beyond Average processing time, and they assured to put a note on the file. Then again called on June 8th, and they confirmed that the card was sent for printing the previous week.

Glad to have finally got the card. Thanks to this group for sharing process details and timelines.

JensH

Jun 8, 2022
Did they say which printing facility? My timeline is pretty similar- received Jan 10, stuck at DM since Feb 23. The only thing the IRCC agent could tell me was that my file was in Edmonton. Do they print the cards there?
My card is being processed out of Sydney, NS. I don't know which printing facility they sent it to.

JensH

Jun 8, 2022
I just noticed that the status of my application has changed to "complete". So I suppose the PR card has been printed and is now in the mail to me. All this must have happened within the past 3 days, since my MP office's caseworker only sent the inquiry on Tuesday.

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
My card is being processed out of Sydney, NS. I don't know which printing facility they sent it to.
I actually spoke to an agent on Friday- he told me previous inquiries had been sent to Edmonton by mistake. So much for my theory! My paperwork is in Sydney too, I guess.

Glad to hear your card is on its way!

SwatiB

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi everyone, need your help, I landed on 16 April, however, in the portal for PR card status, it says application not found, how do I check status? anything I can do to expedite?

SwatiB

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi all, I have a question.

My wife landed in YVR and became a PR on March 28th, it has been 2 months now and we haven't received her PR card.
When I tried to track her PR card application on GCKey, it says no record found, as of May 26th (today). Anyone thinks this is normal?
Hi same status for me, any luck yet?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi everyone, need your help, I landed on 16 April, however, in the portal for PR card status, it says application not found, how do I check status? anything I can do to expedite?
Are you talking about gckey ? When you link pr card application, enter place of birth exactly as passport - CITY,(SPACE)STATE

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........