+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
First time PR holder. Landed April 7, 2022. Today the portal status said "Application Updated", but there is no update/message/email.

Can anyone shed some light what does this mean?

akay407

May 20, 2022
Hi guys! I got my PR confirmation on May 11th. Got portal credentials and uploaded my address and photo to PR portal on May 12th. I got ECOPR on May 13th and I linked my PR card application. But since then my application status is showing as "pending registration". Can someone advise what that is about? Thanks in advance.

the_witcher

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Does anyone know if PR card applications after landing for the family are processed separately? I landed in March 26, 2022.

My wife's PR card has been approved and she has received her card as well. But my son's and my own PR card status is still shown as "Submitted".

Recently though, I received a letter under my son's name that his application was put on hold due to the photograph not matching the requirements and I have already sent them a new set of photographs.

But for me, I haven't received any letter from them and there has been no update on the status of my application. I am a bit worried due to this. I was wondering if our applications are being processed separately because that can explain this situation. Or that the home address under my application was entered incorrectly into their system due to which any letter they sent to me have not been delivered.

Does anyone know if family applications are indeed processed separately?

Nwallma

Jan 10, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I have a flight overseas on the 26th of May. I have just declared that I am in Canada on the 20th of May, now waiting for IRCC approval on my "declaration of presence in Canada", however, I am a little worried that if the IRCC review of my declaration of presence takes too long and I will be already outside of Canada..

I was wondering if leaving Canada before my declaration of presence in Canada is approved would get flagged and jeopardizes my application?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

My PR approved on 18th of May,
Received the portal credentials on 20th of May.

tshtsh

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Please how do I apply for a PR card ? I landed in YYZ and became a PR on May 12, 2022. On GcPortal I see a new line that reads confirmation of permanent residence with updated date May 12 2022. No where to apply for the card

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Please how do I apply for a PR card ? I landed in YYZ and became a PR on May 12, 2022. On GcPortal I see a new line that reads confirmation of permanent residence with updated date May 12 2022. No where to apply for the card
Do dont apply for pr card. You can just link it to track progress. Follow steps below

1) Login to CIC account.
2) Go to section "Link an existing application to this account". Click on "Link application to this account" button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
5) Fill required details (please make sure capital, small, comma etc as in your passport)
6) Provide landing date in "Date you became a permanent resident"
7) Click on search my application.
8) Make sure to submit the application after searching.

tshtsh

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Do dont apply for pr card. You can just link it to track progress. Follow steps below

1) Login to CIC account.
2) Go to section "Link an existing application to this account". Click on "Link application to this account" button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
5) Fill required details (please make sure capital, small, comma etc as in your passport)
6) Provide landing date in "Date you became a permanent resident"
7) Click on search my application.
8) Make sure to submit the application after searching.
Many thanks . I have done as you outlined.

theyapranz

May 23, 2022
Hi any one with similar timeline?
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 30, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 21, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on April 21, 2022.

Hello. ours is been 4 months since it was decision made and still no update. They started processing it last Feb 08 and still got nothing.

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
Permanent Resident Card ( My dad's application )

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 22, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 11, 2022
  3. We started processing your application on January 11, 2022
  4. Decision made March 9, 2022

Still no card received and status is Decision made !!!

asingh7201

Sep 7, 2016
I have send my pr card to renew on April 24th received on may 1st.
my question is will I get an email about AOR as i havent received it yet.

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hi all,

I have the same question as an earlier post I wrote except there's one more thing and hoping someone can shed a light on this.
I already landed in Canada in early april of this year, but as mentioned previously I had to come back to my homecountry to close up some matters. Now, a job opportunity has since shown and I may have an interview soon in Vancouver. Since I do not have my PR card yet, my plan is to fly into Seattle and rent a vehicle to cross the border all the way to Vancouver. However, the quote for renting a vehicle from Seattle to Vancouver is close to $400 USD. I do not want to cough up that much cash just to rent a vehicle, when the price of a bus ticket is around $40 USD. I know that a PRTD is needed for commercial modes of transportation, but from what I am understanding it is that commercial modes want you to have a PRTD before allowing you to board, but it does not say anything about whether or not Canadian border services cannot allow to enter once at the port of entry and you show them your already active COPR, passport and other supporting documents. Am I correct in my thinking? I'm thinking of simply taking a bus from seattle since the bus line does not really check if you have travel documents, except for your passport sometimes, plus i'm from a visa exempt country. What do you guys think?

Kart123

Nov 18, 2021
Hi All, I applied for application of PR card replacement and received AOR Nov 12 2021. The status is decision made since Jan 12th.
When I called the agent I got to know my PR card is printed and has been randomly selected to be picked up in person at Etobicoke office.
I also got a response on webform saying my PR is approved, but since I have been selected for pickup from Etobicoke office, I need to wait for an interview slot and carry the documents for the interview if they request for any.

Its been in this status for close to 4 months now, and I am unable to contact Etobicoke office. Have anyone faced this issue , and is there any way of contacting Etobicoke office or expediting this process. Its been frustrating waiting for an update, I also have some urgent overseas trip planned.
Any leads will be really helpful, thanks