+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

DonDinod

Aug 16, 2021
what is the typical timeline for IRCC to print and send a PR card once they receive new photos ( they sent me a letter asking to resubmit photos as the one they have aren't compliant ) ?
My wife is facing similar problem. She received a letter on the 21st of April 2022 to submit a new photo, she sent the photo on April 22nd and it got to Sydney, Nova Scotia on the 27th of April. Till now there have been no update. My son and I received our PR cards yesterday and the 3 of us landed on the same day.

SUMO2385

Aug 19, 2019
My wife is facing similar problem. She received a letter on the 21st of April 2022 to submit a new photo, she sent the photo on April 22nd and it got to Sydney, Nova Scotia on the 27th of April. Till now there has been no updates. My son and I received our PR cards yesterday and the 3 of us landed on the same day.
These people I tell you :( Quick question when you say you sent a photo on 22nd which reached on 27th, do you mean you mailed a physical photo? How did you find out it was sent on 27th? That might help me. Thaks.

DonDinod

Aug 16, 2021
These people I tell you :( Quick question when you say you sent a photo on 22nd which reached on 27th, do you mean you mailed a physical photo? How did you find out it was sent on 27th? That might help me. Thaks.
She was asked to printout the letter , mail the letter and the photos to the address stated on the letter. We tracked the package and saw it delivered in Nova Scotia on the 27th of April.

ciscawy

Aug 23, 2017
They did the same to me on April 6th. I resent my new photo on the same day and submitted the PR portal https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login. It is saying it's in the review no updates still showing under review on the portal. Then a month passed by I got an email from IRCC that I need to submit my photo by replying to this email within 30 days or else my PR card application will get canceled. I replied on the same day with a photo clicked by a professional. No response yet. This process is pathetic. No confirmation, update, or acknowledgment whatsoever. the only threat of my PR card application will get canceled if won't get sent. waiting for the last 5 months now.
was that your first PR ? it is news to me that you can re-submit photos online. It is always a email with a PDF letter that you need to print along with new photos and mail to a specific address.

ciscawy

Aug 23, 2017
She was asked to printout the letter , mail the letter and the photos to the address stated on the letter. We tracked the package and saw it delivered in Nova Scotia on the 27th of April.
I have the same time line as well for my daughter. Her photos was delivered to "Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card - PO Box 9000 (Photo), Sydney, Nova Scotia, B1P 6K7 " on April 27th.

Would you mind keep us updated once you see a movement in her application ? appreciated !

Last edited:

rdsilva

Apr 1, 2020
wondering if anyone could help me.

I've a trip to US, but still waiting for my pr card, will I be able to get in Canada without my pr card. I'm an inland application, assuming my previous visa is not valid anymore..

tks

ciscawy

Aug 23, 2017
Finally , PR card received !!
Lost PR application was submitted in January
Timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 31, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 28, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 28, 2022.
  4. DM April 4th
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on May 9, 2022.
  6. Received Today May 13th in mail . I am in Oakville Ontario.

DonDinod

Aug 16, 2021
I have the same time line as well for my daughter. Her photos was delivered to "Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card - PO Box 9000 (Photo), Sydney, Nova Scotia, B1P 6K7 " on April 27th.

Would you mind keep us updated once you see a movement in her application ? appreciated !
Sure, I will. Her passport was sent to that same address above.

pgpgwp

Nov 17, 2015
Hi guys,

Just to update my PR Card renewal process:

Application sent (from Toronto): March 8, 2022
Application received: March 14, 2022
AOR and started processing application: April 13, 2022
DM in ecas: April 14, 2022
Approved in GC Key and card sent by mail: April 29, 2022
Card received: May 5, 2022 (took six days to arrive in GTA)

Next step: Citizenship! Don't want to renew the PR Card a third time.
My application was received just a day after yours, on March 15. I got acknowledgment and Decision Made status on Aprin 12th. But after that, apart form “Started Processing on April 12th” status, there has been no changes till now. Not sure what to make of it.

JoanneB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
wondering if anyone could help me.

I've a trip to US, but still waiting for my pr card, will I be able to get in Canada without my pr card. I'm an inland application, assuming my previous visa is not valid anymore..

tks
I know for certain that you can cross at any land border without a PR card. Have your passport, expired PR card, and any other valid ID confirming your residence in Canada (driver's license, health card, utility bill). You could also bring confirmation of your payment for your application for your PR card.

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hi guys, one question.

I already completed the landing at YVR april 19th but had to leave as I still have some matters back at home. still waiting for my pr card. Do ya'll think it would be too much of a risk to travel to canada directly to YVR. I'm from a visa exempt country, so getting on an airplane to Canada is not an issue, I wonder if there would be an issue with the border officers at the airport? I know I could go to the states and drive across the border with my COPR, but I would really prefer to avoid all of that hassle of going to Seattle, renting a vehicle etc. What are your thoughts ?

Telemonster

Aug 29, 2021
Legal Name change on PR, 10 months in process. 4 months to get AOR. 6 months of waiting time and finally I have it today.
I was asked to take photos again and fill application once again. Then I was asked for supportive documents. Mailed. Then I was asked for supportive documents again. Emailed. It took me 18 months to change name everywhere and get plastic from everywhere.

I highly recommend not to fold your papers, use a big yellow envelope, send your mail registered instead of XpressPost and put all your papers in a nice plastic file (not the cheapest one). Just understand those people dealing with papers on daily basis. Make it nice, as nice as possible. Your copies MUST be super clean and high quality, use color printer, use high quality paper. And do not be stressed as me. It is all good.

Last edited:

abhishekmishra19

Jul 15, 2019
India
was that your first PR ? it is news to me that you can re-submit photos online. It is always a email with a PDF letter that you need to print along with new photos and mail to a specific address.
Ihad also updated my address and photographs on the portal. It shows under review with IRCC but till now no response or update either in GCkey or PR Portal!!!

abhishekmishra19

Jul 15, 2019
India
Hi guys, one question.

I already completed the landing at YVR april 19th but had to leave as I still have some matters back at home. still waiting for my pr card. Do ya'll think it would be too much of a risk to travel to canada directly to YVR. I'm from a visa exempt country, so getting on an airplane to Canada is not an issue, I wonder if there would be an issue with the border officers at the airport? I know I could go to the states and drive across the border with my COPR, but I would really prefer to avoid all of that hassle of going to Seattle, renting a vehicle etc. What are your thoughts ?
Better to apply for PRTD immediately....for PRTD also current waiting is approx 2 months.