+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

ciscawy

Aug 23, 2017
We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 26, 2021.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 3, 2021.

We started processing your application on August 3, 2021.

Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on April 5, 2022

Got my DM status around 25th March 2022. Only like a year late :D
Damn.. was that your first PR ?

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Damn.. was that your first PR ?
Renewal. We originally sent as a family in 2020 december. My mother and 1 sister got their in march last year and the rest were returned because they were outdate. Sent the returned 3 back the next day, fast forward to October my dad and other sister also got theirs but I was still stuck on in process. I assume it is also because we applied for a PRTD from another country in late July

mcgz

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Just FYI

My card was sent by mail on 4th April and arrived on 6th April - I'm in Montreal (posted from Sydney, NS apparently)

Thanks guys, hopefully, this is the last time I have to renew it since my citizenship app is ongoing.

Good luck everyone!

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Just FYI

My card was sent by mail on 4th April and arrived on 6th April - I'm in Montreal (posted from Sydney, NS apparently)

Thanks guys, hopefully, this is the last time I have to renew it since my citizenship app is ongoing.

Good luck everyone!
When did the pr card transition to printing stage upon photo approval

ciscawy

Aug 23, 2017
If I see Decision made on ECAS , Does that means all documents and photos are ok ? and they gonna send my PR for production now ?

kashyapbhtt

Mar 22, 2022
hi guys,
just to update

eCOPR (me,my wife and my son ) : 21st March
Sent to production (All) : 23 march
Got GU (my wife and son) : 7th April : Approved and mailed.
waiting for my status update.

Thank you.

Reactions: CNP

jackielouruiz

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
Hi team!

I got my eCOPR yesterday and is wondering about the next steps, will they send me an email saying the card is ready for shipping? and while waiting can I apply for a new SIN number from a work permit to permanent resident? Thank you!

Krishmeerada

Dec 13, 2021
Hello @onkar112

, My Wife application is also in "decision made" since december. The timeline is similar to yours.
We contacted CIC customer card once and applied twice using webform. No update yet. When is your PR Card expiring ?
  • Permanent resident card application Received on September 23, 2021.
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 3, 2021.
  • We started processing your application on December 3, 2021.
Hello,

Sharing my status as it is very similar to above.
  • Permanent resident card application Received on Oct 4, 2021.
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 9, 2021.
  • We started processing your application on December 9, 2021.
  • Complete by Apr 4, 2021
I have not yet received the PR Card, hopefully should be there by next week. This is for a PR renewal. To be noted that we applied for renewal for 3 members in our family and my spouse and kid received the PR card by Jan end though all 3 were sent as one package.

Between Jan and now, I have submitted 2 webforms and no response. I submitted a request to IRCC requesting notes regarding my application which was received today, must admit that the information in the notes is not very useful though. I called them every day between Jan end and this week and managed to get connected 3 times so far. The agent I connected during my second time (Mar 17th) sent a reminder on my application to the head office as it was way beyond the processing time and when I got connected for the third time on Apr 4th, the agent I spoke to told me that the reminder sent on Mar 17th helped and that my application is approved and card has been mailed.

Overall, it was a frustrating experience but the key is not to give up. Good luck on your wife's renewal, hope she gets it soon.

Reactions: harish_s_ampeo

noabI

Mar 15, 2022
Hi. Anybody here from Vancouver who can give the timeframe from the notice on GCKEy that it was mailed to card being actually received? I got my notification email that card was being mailed last April 1. But as of today, I have not received the card. My anxiety is building up again as I have a flight next Friday. I saw some timelines who received their card within 3-5 days from notice that it is being mailed. Thank you in advance for any information .

ScottishG

Mar 10, 2022
Hello @onkar112

, My Wife application is also in "decision made" since december. The timeline is similar to yours.
We contacted CIC customer card once and applied twice using webform. No update yet. When is your PR Card expiring ?
  • Permanent resident card application Received on September 23, 2021.
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 3, 2021.
  • We started processing your application on December 3, 2021.
Hi,

I'm in exactly the same boat as you, stuck in this status with no updates and my card expired in December.

Totally sucks.

Kph

Mar 24, 2022
Hello everyone,
I have received on April 6th, 2022 an email from IRCC confirming approval of my card (renewal) and advising me that it was sent for production! This email I ve received after I filed a request (web form) to process my card urgently for employment reasons.
Up to date, through GC account or via checking the status of my application online, they indicate no change at all. Still stuck in Decision Made while I am checking my application online (started processing on January 27th, 2022) and submitted status on GC account!

Anything I shall do to expedite this? Unfortunately, I have a flight to catch in mid May!

Jenish9711

Nov 18, 2021
Hello,

I got my CoPR on December 11, 2021. Until February 19th everything was accepted by IRCC but on that day I got request to resubmit my photo, I did the resubmission on the same day but from then there has been no update in my portal its been 4 months now I have been waiting for my first PR card, I tried Linking my application on ECAS but it is not happening, tried emailing IRCC; every single time they have same message for me "Your PR Card Has been sent to production, It will be mailed to you Once it is completed", I am here in total dark and I have no Idea what to do now. As well as my e-CoPR is going to expire on July 28, 2022. Is there anyone who have faced same issue, any help or information will be appreciated.

Thankyou,
Jenish Mahamunkar

Kaur1998

Jun 23, 2021
Havent received first PR card since getting pr in july 2021.
Have sent solemn declaration forms and emailed local MPs even got a call from CIC about two months ago that they were going to mail my card and still didn’t receive it!!

i called again and they said they will mail again but im tired of waiting!! Can they he surd for this??
details-
I received my PR in july 2021 (inland) and submitted my picture along with eCoPR right which was delivered to the PR card centre within one week through registered mail.

Since then, I have been waiting for my very first PR card. I have reached out to CIC client services over the phone and email multiple times since then and was able to investigate that my card was mailed to an entirely different address in Montreal in error, an address completely unknown to me. I was asked to send a solemn declaration form to request a new card. I faxed thesolemn declaration then I reached out in December 2021 to follow up and was told that it was not received/ processed.

I then mailed another new solemn declaration form with tracking. Upon reaching out to CIC client centre to follow up on the new form, I was told that the form has not been received/ processed again!

After multiple phone calls and emails, my issue has not been addressed and it has now been over 10 months when the regular processing time for first PR card is less than 3 months.
Please help .. your guidance is appreciated!

Deenanath

Jan 18, 2022
Application sent in September
Processing started in December
Today ecas show decision made.

No email or any correspondence from CPC

What does DM mean ? is it approved?
How long it might take to receive PR Card

Ramsima

Feb 2, 2022
Update on my case:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 14, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 22, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 22, 2022.
  4. DM on 25th March
  5. Today: We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

Reactions: Jenish9711