+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Pr22@

Jan 5, 2022
Sharing my timeline :

1. Sept 24 Received AOR
2. Dec 6 -they started to process my application; and it showed Decision made on this day too , but it was only 3 lines that was showing
3. Feb 24 sent request for urgent processing
4. April 1- received update in GC Key that application has been approved and card mailed.

I called several times and sent numerous webform to follow up my urgent request. Along the way, I was told by agent that on March 16 card has been sent in production. Then the good news came today that card is now being mailed. Praying and hoping that there will be no more delays in receiving my card as I have an upcoming flight 2 weeks from now. It was a very long and stressful journey for this PR card renewal.I am thankful that it is almost over.
Hello hope your doing well could you please tell me how you requested urgent request for your application did you show them any flight ticket or Letter from doctor or anything els ? My pr send to production in 17 March 2022 but still not received anything.

Pr22@

Jan 5, 2022
Please keep update each other to know about our cards my Pr card send to production in 17 March but still not received the card in mail .

noabI

Mar 15, 2022
Hello hope your doing well could you please tell me how you requested urgent request for your application did you show them any flight ticket or Letter from doctor or anything els ? My pr send to production in 17 March 2022 but still not received anything.
I submitted the following documents to request for urgent processing:

-letter to request for urgent processing
-plane ticket
-death certificate of my father
-letter from employer that I have to be back in Canada on May 8 2022( to support my claim that PRTD is not an option because of the tight timeline)

For a complete list of requirements about urgent processing, you may refer to IRCC website too. Hope this helps.

kashyapbhtt

Mar 22, 2022
Hi All,

I just wanted to check one more thing that, if your PR card is in progress and if you have valid TRV on passport, Can you travel to your home country and come back to canada??

Please suggest.
Thank you.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi All,

I just wanted to check one more thing that, if your PR card is in progress and if you have valid TRV on passport, Can you travel to your home country and come back to canada??

Please suggest.
Thank you.
Not really. You need either a valid PR card or PRTD

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi All,

Please suggest.
Thank you.
If you have landed, and thus are a PR, any TRV in your passport is no longer valid . . . even if there is nothing on its face to indicate its invalidity.

There is nothing in Canadian law that would prevent you, as a PR, from traveling to your home country and coming back to Canada.

However, to board an airline flight coming to Canada you need either a valid PR card or a PR Travel Document. Whether the process of applying for and being issued a PR TD is a relative formality or a messy inconvenience depends on the individual's case (newly landed PRs should have no problem) and where they are abroad (dealing with visa offices while in some countries can be inconvenient, and some visa offices are much slower than others).

PRs with status to travel to the U.S. can return to Canada without a PR card or PR TD, by traveling to the U.S. and then using private transportation to access a Canadian Port-of-Entry on the U.S./Canada border.

There are some occasional reports from PRs who say they have managed to travel by air to Canada presenting a passport with what appears to be a valid TRV. Stuff happens, so such reports cannot be dismissed, but that is not how the system is designed to work and for sure should not be relied on.

mcgz

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Finally some news here:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 20, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on February 11, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on April 4, 2022.

dtoc

Jun 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2016
AOR Received.
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2016
LANDED..........
23-08-2016
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 3, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 28, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 28, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 31, 2022.
Took me calling them once in December, 2 webforms (January and late February) and calling them middle of March to get this done.
The last time I called the agent was nice and said that it is taking way too long. She put a note on the file to get this done ASAP and all of a sudden 1.5 weeks later the "In Process" turned to "Decision Made".
It really felt like my application was on a pile of files that got replenished before they could get to it.

Last edited:

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
Hi all,

I have the following timeline and have not received any update after getting a status of Decision Made.

It has been more than 6 months. Webform sent 2 months ago has not been replied to.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 24, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 03, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on December 03, 2021.
I got the Decision Made around Feb 10, 2022.

What steps can I take next? Should i contact local MP or call IRCC? Is this normal to have such a delay.

I am in compliance with residency obligation and have some small business and personal travels outside of Canada.

Please advise.