+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

ScottishG

Mar 10, 2022
Anyone else have a difference between ECAS and GCKEY login?

ECAS says Current status "Submitted"

IRCC other status is "Decision Made"

It's been a good 6/8 weeks now on Decision Made

What a grim process...

someguy007

Feb 4, 2021
How do I check the status of my PR card if I entered through the order as an outland applicant? I only have the original GC key portal which only shows approval for PR application not the status of the PR card. Is there a different portal to check for PR card status?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thank you, this helps a lot. I'm not able to find my application. Is there a wait time before it shows up in the system? I landed this week, wondering If its supposed to be instant or there's a wait time.
I think it should be instant. Please check the way your place of birth is mentioned in passport and enter exactly the same (CAPS, spaces etc.) If not, try putting place of birth as per CoPR

someguy007

Feb 4, 2021
I think it should be instant. Please check the way your place of birth is mentioned in passport and enter exactly the same (CAPS, spaces etc.) If not, try putting place of birth as per CoPR
Thank you, it was the place of birth written in CAPS. Is it normal for it look just like the PR application status page? Meaning I see same sections like eligibility, medical exam section, background check... etc.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thank you, it was the place of birth written in CAPS. Is it normal for it look just like the PR application status page? Meaning I see same sections like eligibility, medical exam section, background check... etc.
Yep same as pr application. The application number starts with R though

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Finally got the PR Card today after 8+ months.

landed July 3, 2021. Never was able to link card through gckey or find it through ecas. Mailed out March 8 and received March 11.

Reactions: spikyshotgun

bradybunchmom

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 26, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 9, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on November 9, 2021.
  4. We sent you correspondence on November 9, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required

5. Decision made since November. Anyone who sent theirs last summer still waiting? We have to travel next month. Have tried to contact them but haven’t got anywhere.

Sukhihayer

Oct 15, 2020
Hi everyone!

I received my PR Card in the mailbox today!
I share my timeline here:

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 12, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 20, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on January 20, 2022.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 2, 2022.
Decision Made was on February 22, 2022.

Thank you all for your help and sharing your timelines!
Cheers!
Did you already get your pr card in mailbox or not yet, because I got update that they sent as of 2nd of March but didn’t get anything yet

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Did you already get your pr card in mailbox or not yet, because I got update that they sent as of 2nd of March but didn’t get anything yet
Hang in there bro ! Even I didn't get the card. Online system says was mailed on March 3rd and I am in Toronto. Called and they said was mailed on the same day. I have raised a request with Canada Post for inquiry and let us wait till next week. I have a feeling someone just pressed the button to change the workflow and didn't physically mail the card :)

Last edited: