+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
You should withdraw the first application not the one which you sent in September..
Why? What could happen?
Or will a government clerk just silently throw it in the trash?
Unlikely.
They must advise that the second application has been rejected.and that's it.
Or - they will take note of it and take into account the new data and days.
It's my opinion.

Reactions: Sam_1986

Sam_1986

Jul 22, 2019
Until your permanent resident status is taken away from you, you ARE a permanent resident of Canada.
AND this is the main rule.
The passport issuing service does not care at all about the delay in issuing a PR card.
Maybe a resident of Canada does not want a Pr card at all.
This is his right.
Nobody will start to find out why the card was not issued ... and for so long.
Has the person been deprived of their status? -Not.
So he is a legal resident of Canada? -Yes.
Does he have enough days (3 years)? -Yes.
Have a criminal record? -No.
These are the main conditions for obtaining citizenship.
Another thing is that Canadians themselves are in no hurry to obtain citizenship.
Not everyone is willing to pay $ 600-800.
What for?
If all you get is the extra right to vote. :)
Yeah it makes sense. Thank you. My issue is that at the moment I can not go out of country because when I want to enter Canada , i need a visa with my citizenship. PR card looks like to be not an option for me because it takes forever. Therefore, only option is that I apply for citizenship and get a Canadian passport. Fortunately, this is desired outcome for me and i have no problem with dual citizenship.

Sam_1986

Jul 22, 2019
Tell them i think "i made some mistakes in the application." Or you can consult a lawyer just to make sure.. as far as i know shouldn't be a problem they withdraw in 2 weeks..
Why not I tell them the truth? I tell them I didnt meet the RO in the first application and it took long time for you to process . Now, i want to withdraw that and please take into consideration the second application which i met the RO.

they should understand i think although i never had problem with immigration center and i dont know how they deal with these issues.

Sam_1986

Jul 22, 2019
Why? What could happen?
Or will a government clerk just silently throw it in the trash?
Unlikely.
They must advise that the second application has been rejected.and that's it.
Or - they will take note of it and take into account the new data and days.
It's my opinion.
I agree with you but im not sure if they are able to connect these two applications together since they receive thousands of applications everyday.

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
You should withdraw the first application not the one which you sent in September..
As far as I know, the rules say - you can withdraw an application that is not yet being processed. (That is, you say in advance - and they receive an application and reject it)
His first application is pending.

Sam_1986

Jul 22, 2019
As far as I know, the rules say - you can withdraw an application that is not yet being processed. (That is, you say in advance - and they receive an application and reject it)
His first application is pending.
Huh. That’s new info. I thought i have option to withdraw it.
One odd thing is that, for the second application , immigration center returned me $50 application fee to my credit card. They recieved my application on sept 22. They returned money on Sept 29th. I really dont know what is going to happen .

i made this problem myself. I should not apply for pr renewal when i didnt meet RO in the first place.

anildelhi7

Dec 3, 2021
Why not I tell them the truth? I tell them I didnt meet the RO in the first application and it took long time for you to process . Now, i want to withdraw that and please take into consideration the second application which i met the RO.

they should understand i think although i never had problem with immigration center and i dont know how they deal with these issues.
Yes you can say that too.. you can withdraw by filling up the web form or you can call IRcc the agent would be able to help you..

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
Also, as far as I know, there is NO question in the citizenship application
"Have you had a delay in getting your permanent resident card?"
Perhaps there is a question
"have you ever been REFUSED to receive your permanent resident card?"
But you didn’t get any refusal.
You are still a permanent resident of Canada.
So that....

Sam_1986

Jul 22, 2019
Also, as far as I know, there is NO question in the citizenship application
"Have you had a delay in getting your permanent resident card?"
Perhaps there is a question
"have you ever been REFUSED to receive your permanent resident card?"
But you didn’t get any refusal.
You are still a permanent resident of Canada.
So that....
Oh ok. Yeah. Most probably immigration dont care about PR card. They just need to know if PR status has been revoked or not. As long as i have pr status , it shouldnot affect citizenship process

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
They just need to know if PR status has been revoked or not.
Exactly.
They just watch it on their computer and can check your exits from Canada with the border guards.
Delays ... consideration of other services - they don't care.
There were people on the forum who received citizenship and then they received a permanent resident card.

Sam_1986

Jul 22, 2019
Exactly.
They just watch it on their computer and can check your exits from Canada with the border guards.
Delays ... consideration of other services - they don't care.
There were people on the forum who received citizenship and then they received a permanent resident card.
. Most probably thats is going to happen foe as well

Aleks30

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
There is one fact.
Canada needs immigrants (otherwise IRCC would have refused right away).
3 years in the country over the past 5 years.
Isn't this the main indicator that a person REALLY lives in Canada and wants to live?
So why refuse him?

Sam_1986

Jul 22, 2019
There is one fact.
Canada needs immigrants (otherwise IRCC would have refused right away).
3 years in the country over the past 5 years.
Isn't this the main indicator that a person REALLY lives in Canada and wants to live?
So why refuse him?
I have been in Canada for 12 years. I just went outside of country for 3 years and all these problems came up. I dont blame ircc because they do their work based on some algorithms and unfortunately sometimes these algorithms doesnt see a special case although they work great for most cases. My issue is that i got stuck in one of those special cases.