+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Limerick

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Guys I have one doubt. I am not seeing anything ECAS as it was saying unable to find a application. B

Hi my GCkey updated as approved and card mailed out. But no date provided when it was mailed out since I am unable to access ECAS. How long does it take to receive the card. I am from Toronto.
I got in 3 days I live in Etobicoke

tejasomina

Nov 27, 2021
Guys, we have landed in Canada (Toronto) on 17-Nov with COPR and the border immigration put request for our PR cards to be sent (we provided a mailing address in Toronto to them). However, I am not able to track this PR card application on IRCC website even after 10 days.

Should I check the status of the PR cards somewhere else?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Guys, we have landed in Canada (Toronto) on 17-Nov with COPR and the border immigration put request for our PR cards to be sent (we provided a mailing address in Toronto to them). However, I am not able to track this PR card application on IRCC website even after 10 days.

Should I check the status of the PR cards somewhere else?
What website are you using? Also, PR cards applications take 130+ days to appear on the system after they receive your application.

tejasomina

Nov 27, 2021
What website are you using? Also, PR cards applications take 130+ days to appear on the system after they receive your application.
I am trying to check my application status from here and it says no application is found with the details I provided.
I also tried linking my PR card application to IRCC account by logging via GC Key but the system isn't fetching any applications.

This is our first PR card and we landed for the first time in Canada on 17-Nov.

I didn't understand your comment that it takes 130+ days to show on the system. Right now, the application processing time for first-time PR is shown as 63 days here.

Amanda2394

Feb 18, 2019
This is the reply I got not sure how long:
Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your PR card. Your card is currently at card production.

The status of your Photo in the portal will remain at In Review with IRCC until the PR Card status is updated to Sent to Client or sent to IRCC.

At this time, IRCC has currently reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the COVID-19.

As a result, there will be significant delays in processing the high volume of first time PR card applications.

Therefore, we are unable to provide an approximate timeline of the production and distribution of the cards.

However, please be assured that we are doing everything possible to complete the PR card process for our clients.
I got the exact same response... it's just a generic answer :(

fernandaontario

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Barrie
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
I am trying to check my application status from here and it says no application is found with the details I provided.
I also tried linking my PR card application to IRCC account by logging via GC Key but the system isn't fetching any applications.

I didn't understand your comment that it takes 130+ days to show on the system. Right now, the application processing time for first-time PR is shown as 63 days here.
Try linking it with your UCI number instead of application number

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

OK, my mistake. You are right. It's 63 days these days. Few weeks ago it was 130+ days. So, even with 63 days, they will send you AOR after 2 months at least. After you receive AOR, you will be able to check your file on ecas.

dcowboys

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
OK, my mistake. You are right. It's 63 days these days. Few weeks ago it was 130+ days. So, even with 63 days, they will send you AOR after 2 months at least. After you receive AOR, you will be able to check your file on ecas.
Do you get an aor even if you landed? I was told I don’t have to do anything and just wait once landed and signed papers.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Do you get an aor even if you landed? I was told I don’t have to do anything and just wait once landed and signed papers.
AOR is received by IRCC when they are about to issue your card, not at the POE. I believe everyone receives AOR, but I maybe wrong. I forgot when I applied for the first time.

Uzi13

Apr 5, 2021
My application for initial PR Card has been approved on Nov 23 2021 and on Wednesday agent told me that my card has been sent for the production and once it'll be printed they will do quality control and after that they will mail it to my provided Canadian address.
Does anybody can tell me how long this whole process will take usually if anyone in this group has faced this situation in last few months? Because there is no update in my online GC Key account or on ECAS tool so it's very hard to know because I need to book my air ticket in January soon !

Uzi13

Apr 5, 2021
Yours might be sent to production on November 19 (DM date)? Mine is sent to production (Sydney,NS) on November 23rd, waiting for "Printed and Mailed" update as I have flight booked on December 10!!!! stressed :(
In same situation mine is also sent for the printing on Nov 23rd and there is no update in my profile or so and need to book the air ticket for mid January flight!

JJAiden

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
In same situation mine is also sent for the printing on Nov 23rd and there is no update in my profile or so and need to book the air ticket for mid January flight!
Till now I dont have any update friend!! My situation is tight, I have flights booked on next Friday. No update on GCKey yet, shows status as "submitted" :(

fernandaontario

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Barrie
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
My application for initial PR Card has been approved on Nov 23 2021 and on Wednesday agent told me that my card has been sent for the production and once it'll be printed they will do quality control and after that they will mail it to my provided Canadian address.
Does anybody can tell me how long this whole process will take usually if anyone in this group has faced this situation in last few months? Because there is no update in my online GC Key account or on ECAS tool so it's very hard to know because I need to book my air ticket in January soon !
Mine took around 3-4 weeks after approved (so between being under production and sent). After it got “approved and mailed” it took 5 days to arrive to my address.