+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2021

Jun 4, 2020
I'm a CEC inland applicant. Once I got my COPR by email, I was asked to send my photos to the address on the COPR letter.

Good news is on Sep 22, I got a notification on my online account that my application has been approved and the card has been mailed to my address.

Before that, I did not receive any AOR or any update from them. I noticed there was a ghost update around 2 weeks ago. I called yesterday to ask about the status of my application and the rep told me that she can check to see if the office uploaded my photos to the application which was the case on August 30 so that explains the ghost update.

Hopefully everyone waiting receive their card soon.
Hi,
I also received the Approved notification on Sept 22. Do you have any idea when we can receive it??
Let me know when u get it.
Thanks

Prince5

Star Member
Dec 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On ecas - has anyone seen updates after the message
"We started processing your application on ____________ . "
If yes after how many days? Thank you for your help.
This is my timeline
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 25, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 15, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 15, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 22, 2021.

Prince5

Star Member
Dec 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I have a question regarding the card that they send in mail, as they have my previous address and I recently moved out of there. I have asked the rental agent to check the mailbox for me. Does the mail need a signature?
I am in the same boat
I mailed my application, my time is above. The card should be in the mail BUT, when i logged on, they had my UK address (My address when i was applying for the PR). My PR renewal application had my correct Canadian address.

Can anybody confirm that they use the mailing address on the submitted application, not the old (original) address associated with the pr application?

Prince5

Star Member
Dec 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my AOR yesterday as i posted before and today was checking ecas status and it says decision made. Second i am unable to access my son ecas status as no information found. All other applications can be accessed through ecas.

Mine and my daughter current home address is of canada where we are living but mailing address showing of back home of pakistan when i applied for immigration. Anybody have same experiences plz reply what to do …????

I am now in the same boat? what happened in your case? did they send to your current (application) address or they sent it old home country address?

cocoduro

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Hey everyone. I remember being able to access my application via a Sign-in Partner when I applied to my visas and PR. I have been trying to access the same website (which I can enter the information from my bank) however I can't seem to find an area where I can access my applications. Do you guys know how to operate on this?

waleedkhan

Oct 29, 2015
Hello,
Application received 06 April,2021
Started processing: 20th July, 2021
Now it says Decision made but has no date on it.

We have not received any communication since then. It has been more than 165 days since the processing of the application.
We spoke to the helpline and they said your documents(did not mention which documents) have been forwarded to the Etobicoke office. We sent an email to the Etobicoke office for guidance but no reply.
Please give guidance.

deba

Mar 16, 2013
You will be able to track and check the status only when the CIC sends you a confirmation email that they received your application...as of know they are sending email to May applicants...you should have received the email..
Its better you send a webmail to them.
@MUSTAFACAN and Everyone -
How soon does CIC send confirmation email, after application is posted to them? Do they email confirmation in 15-20days or it may take 4-5 months to send email confirmation that they received the application?
I am bit concerned because I posted the application on April 20th, and yet, no email confirmation or status update!! I tried to search with Client ID and with PR number, but both gave me result as - "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided."

deba

Mar 16, 2013
For info: (not received the card yet…leave for the US next weekend )

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 6, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 1, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 1, 2021.
@pete_sk - When did you post your application? Did CIC confirm "received your application" in 10-15days?

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
@MUSTAFACAN and Everyone -
How soon does CIC send confirmation email, after application is posted to them? Do they email confirmation in 15-20days or it may take 4-5 months to send email confirmation that they received the application?
I am bit concerned because I posted the application on April 20th, and yet, no email confirmation or status update!! I tried to search with Client ID and with PR number, but both gave me result as - "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided."
They send confirmation when the start processing your application. And the processing starts after 120 - 135 days as of now.

My application reached on 25 May. They sent email on Sep 16
Processing started on Sep 16

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
Present processing time for renewal application is 133 days. If your application reached this number then you call the call center or send a webmail.

jeromeeric

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 19, 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 16,2015( CC Charged) PER- Feb 11,2015
File Transfer...
July 14, 2015
Med's Request
July 14,2015
Med's Done....
July 22, 2015 (TLU-July 28,2015)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived!!!
Passport Req..
August 17, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
September 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Not decided yet
Hi All,

I have a question about the mail delivery as I have mentioned my previous address in the application and I moved out of there just recently.
Does the mail require a signature of the applicant?
I have told my leasing agent to check the mailbox, will that suffice?

Thanks
no signature is required, i think they sent it through regular mail

Lamis

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-3-2015
File Transfer...
16-3-2015
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
Hi all,
For PR renewal can it be checked on gckey? And will it show on ecas if there is a citizenship application already in process?

thanks

lostsyr

Feb 12, 2015
For info: (not received the card yet…leave for the US next weekend )

Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 6, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 1, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on September 1, 2021.
Did you receive your card?

oxsegun

Feb 22, 2007
Hi friends, Kindly see my PR card renewal timeline below. (Year 2021)
1) Canada Post delivery date May 3rd.
2) AOR September 7th.
3) Processing started. September 7th.
4) Decision made September 14th.
5) Complete ( Card mailed) Sept 21st.
6) Card Received September 27th.
I hope someone will benefit from this information.
Thank you all.

Reactions: drkv78

Emir316

Sep 21, 2021
Hi friends, Kindly see my PR card renewal timeline below. (Year 2021)
1) Canada Post delivery date May 3rd.
2) AOR September 7th.
3) Processing started. September 7th.
4) Decision made September 14th.
5) Complete ( Card mailed) Sept 21st.
6) Card Received September 27th.
I hope someone will benefit from this information.
Thank you all.
Thanks for your update. Did you receive your PR card by Canada post mail?