+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 6, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 21, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on July 21, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on August 12, 2021.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Well the webform information is changing....but not really much more news to report...almost 18 months and counting..... There was an article of someone else in my area, who has been waiting for their card since Jan 2020! They are still waiting too.

I heard that someone picked up their card in Edmonton just a week ago or so [had been mailed 2 weeks before that].

Now that Trudeau has mandated all Federal Workers to be vaccinated [that will be at least a month until fully vac'ed, if they aren't already] - does this mean they will FINALLY start to open the offices? Or is 'Wave #4' going to keep us in the dark ages??

My updates below:

I sent a webform for update to IRCC on Jul 29! I just heard back today:

We have verified the information you provided and can provide you with the following details about the status of your permanent resident card (PR card) application:

· The file was referred to the local IRCC office in Vancouver and an appointment will be scheduled so you may pick up the card in person.

July
I received a letter from IRCC for someone else, requesting payment for their application, as they had underpaid $10.00.
When I inquired why I received this, they responded, it was sent in error and to please disregard - but provided no further information on my case.

June Webform Response:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

As your card has been selected for pick-up, rest assured that you will be informed of the date, time, location for pick-up, and of the type of documents you will be asked to bring with you in due time.

My status shows:
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 6, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 21, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 21, 2020.

joekao222

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
Hello all,

I sent in my physical photos and COPR about half a year ago into the local IRCC office as instructed. Just last week I got an invitation for the IRCC PR Portal and it says that they will process my PR Card once I go onto the portal and confirm that I'm inside Canada. I replied to that email with my information about a week ago, but haven't gotten a reply for my credentials to login to the portal yet. Anyone have any idea how long they usually take to reply with portal account credentials after I've replied to the initial email?

Best

zobs_vita_nuova

Mar 4, 2021
Well the webform information is changing....but not really much more news to report...almost 18 months and counting..... There was an article of someone else in my area, who has been waiting for their card since Jan 2020! They are still waiting too.

I heard that someone picked up their card in Edmonton just a week ago or so [had been mailed 2 weeks before that].

Now that Trudeau has mandated all Federal Workers to be vaccinated [that will be at least a month until fully vac'ed, if they aren't already] - does this mean they will FINALLY start to open the offices? Or is 'Wave #4' going to keep us in the dark ages??

My updates below:

I sent a webform for update to IRCC on Jul 29! I just heard back today:

We have verified the information you provided and can provide you with the following details about the status of your permanent resident card (PR card) application:

· The file was referred to the local IRCC office in Vancouver and an appointment will be scheduled so you may pick up the card in person.

July
I received a letter from IRCC for someone else, requesting payment for their application, as they had underpaid $10.00.
When I inquired why I received this, they responded, it was sent in error and to please disregard - but provided no further information on my case.

June Webform Response:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

As your card has been selected for pick-up, rest assured that you will be informed of the date, time, location for pick-up, and of the type of documents you will be asked to bring with you in due time.

My status shows:
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 6, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 21, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 21, 2020.
Hi,
I'm in the same situation as you. My file was sent to the local IRCC office in Montreal back in March. No news since then. My timeline:

Permanent Resident Card Renewal
1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 24, 2020
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 12, 2021
3. We started processing your application on February 12, 2021
4. Decision Made on March 17, 2021
**5. SELECTED FOR PICK UP**

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Hi,
I'm in the same situation as you. My file was sent to the local IRCC office in Montreal back in March. No news since then. My timeline:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 24, 2020
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 12, 2021
I don't understand the holdup. Why don't they want to give people their cards??? They are perfectly fine to mail to some, but for those who have to pickup - seems like it is in a standstill, by why after all of these months ? It would seem that is plenty of time to work through COVID restrictions/logistics. I must be missing something.

zobs_vita_nuova

Mar 4, 2021
I don't understand the holdup. Why don't they want to give people their cards??? They are perfectly fine to mail to some, but for those who have to pickup - seems like it is in a standstill, by why after all of these months ? It would seem that is plenty of time to work through COVID restrictions/logistics. I must be missing something.
I applied exactly at the same time as my husband, send both applications in the same envelope. He got is card by mail on March 5! But I was under an exception: “working abroad for a Canadian company” so I understand this is why they are treating my file differently.

M.R.S

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Hi guys I had submitted my pic and address in the new portal a months ago and address was approved but pic under review, 2 days ago I had an update in my cic account that I had linked to portal that my my application for PR card has been approved, but still my pic is under review, do you think now that they have approved my application in cic it means they are going to mail the card?
is this your first PR Card?

what is this new portal ?

senseNsimplicity

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th July 2011
Doc's Request.
27th july 2011
IELTS Request
30-04-2010
Med's Request
Pre-Med
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2011
Hello,

Can someone please send me the content/screenshot of AOR letter (without any personal detail) we get for PR card renewal?

It is very urgent.
Thanks

new335896

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 6, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 21, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on July 21, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on August 12, 2021.
how did you get this update ? is this Ecas ?

Hanataha

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Hello,

Can someone please send me the content/screenshot of AOR letter (without any personal detail) we get for PR card renewal?

It is very urgent.
Thanks

UCI: 00000000

This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2021/05/22

(name)

When should I contact IRCC?

You must notify Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:

• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
  • Decision to withdraw your application;
  • Change of contact information: e-mail, mailing address, telephone number;
  • You found your lost PR card - application for replacement is in process, card must be destroyed, replacement application not yet in process.

Changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

How do I check the status of my application?

You may use your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number located on this correspondence to check the status of your application on the IRCC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the "Most requested" section on the right-hand side of the page, select "Check your application status".

Reactions: senseNsimplicity

zobs_vita_nuova

Mar 4, 2021
Hi Rasha, did you had any news regarding your appointment?

RtreePam

Oct 5, 2021
Hi,

Hello,

did you recieve your card? Or did the IRCC contact you for an interview??